Wedding Party

Is this a good bridesmaid present?

I think both my bridesmaid (BFF and FSIL) would love these. Is this weird for a bridesmaid gift? Would you like it? I have no idea what to get.

Re: Is this a good bridesmaid present?

• Honestly, I would like it. Says the girl who's on her third martini. If you think it fits their personal taste and it's something they would like, go for it.
  • I say go for it. But word of caution if you think they already have these items. My friends who would want a mixer already have a mixer. As someone who doesn't drink bevvys that require a mixer, I'm unsure if someone needs two. 

• I say go for it. But word of caution if you think they already have these items. My friends who would want a mixer already have a mixer. As someone who doesn't drink bevvys that require a mixer, I'm unsure if someone needs two. 
    I have a really nice mixer and it actually got some rust on it from when the saltyness from my dirty martini stayed on it too long. So I could use two. Also when I host parties and I'm making multiple different cocktails with a mixer, could definitely use two or three or six
  • I posted a reply to your other comment, but in case you didn't see it...those are nice, but be sure your bridesmaids don't already have the items (I do, so these wouldn't be useful to me.) I'd also be sure to get a Boston shaker instead of one with a cap...way more useful for anyone who's serious about cocktails.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • good point about parties @novella1186

• I would like it, but the question is will your family / friends in your bridal party like it?
  • What is it exactly? It is really tiny on my computer. From what I can tell it is some kind of shaker and bar set? Are your BMs drinkers?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No. You should get your bridesmaids get a tattoo of your wedding flowers on their ankle for them to remember your super special day forever and always. Also, your face printed on a pillow case. 
    omg. I have to totally re-do all my bridesmaid gift plans based on this inspiration
  • I think it's great if their drinkers, but I know I already have a cocktail set. You might consider getting them different gifts too. I got my bridesmaids all different things and they thought it was really cool they didn't get matching gifts.
  • Both of them are drinkers. I just got an approval from my BFF's sister so I think I'm good there. My FSIL and her husband are definitely the fancy cocktail type but I really don't know and have no way of knowing whether or not they have these items (they live in another state). My FI is super unhelpful- he's just like "well then we won't get them anything" when I stated they are going to be hard to buy for in the future (FSIL and FBIL both have expensive taste). And when I asked if his sister had this stuff he's like "I dinno. Maybe. Get it if you want." HELPFUL. I figure... I thought about it. This is a gift she would like. If she already has this stuff, she will still understand that I tried, take it back, and get shit she actually wants. Is that terrible?
  • Nope, I think you're good. Just heed my advice on the shaker! The ones with the lids are such a useless pain compared to a nice sturdy boston.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice and the move! Will think about the shaker.... May come to a proximity thing- shopping is one of my least favorite activities.
  • I would not.  I have two ice buckets, numerous bar tools, and seldom do I dig out the shakers I have to make drinks.  

If your bridesmaid is 21, maybe yes.  Presumably she doesn't have a nice bar set up.  At my age--30--I have plenty of housewares.  

I think a better gift would be the booze to actually make the drink.  Assuming you know that she likes to drink.  Keep it simple--instead of fancy liqueurs that she may/may not like, go for something everyone likes like a big, nice bottle of top shelf vodka.  Or, if you know what she drinks, go from there.
  • Wegl13 said:
    Both of them are drinkers. I just got an approval from my BFF's sister so I think I'm good there. My FSIL and her husband are definitely the fancy cocktail type but I really don't know and have no way of knowing whether or not they have these items (they live in another state). My FI is super unhelpful- he's just like "well then we won't get them anything" when I stated they are going to be hard to buy for in the future (FSIL and FBIL both have expensive taste). And when I asked if his sister had this stuff he's like "I dinno. Maybe. Get it if you want." HELPFUL. I figure... I thought about it. This is a gift she would like. If she already has this stuff, she will still understand that I tried, take it back, and get shit she actually wants. Is that terrible?
    If they make "fancy cocktails" at home, than they probably have what they need to do that.

Another reason to get a big bottle of Goose and call it a day.
  • Wegl13 said:
    Both of them are drinkers. I just got an approval from my BFF's sister so I think I'm good there. My FSIL and her husband are definitely the fancy cocktail type but I really don't know and have no way of knowing whether or not they have these items (they live in another state). My FI is super unhelpful- he's just like "well then we won't get them anything" when I stated they are going to be hard to buy for in the future (FSIL and FBIL both have expensive taste). And when I asked if his sister had this stuff he's like "I dinno. Maybe. Get it if you want." HELPFUL. I figure... I thought about it. This is a gift she would like. If she already has this stuff, she will still understand that I tried, take it back, and get shit she actually wants. Is that terrible?
    If they make "fancy cocktails" at home, than they probably have what they need to do that.

Another reason to get a big bottle of Goose and call it a day.
    But if you make fancy cocktails at home, you drink the booze you need to make them, and need to go out and buy more.  Stuff that runs out will always be appreciated.  

Gift idea; a boston shaker, a strainer, a bottle of a good vodka or gin, a small jar of fancy bleu cheese olives.  If you're afraid of running out of time or not finding things at the stores, I recommend shopping online.  Years ago now, FH ordered a boston shaker on amazon or woot or something.  He got a dozen boston shakers in the mail.  He was only charged for one, and got a dozen.  We've been giving them out as gifts to everyone we know who likes a good cocktail since then, and still have 3 or 4 left in a box along with the 2 that we use ourselves.
  • Wegl13 said:
    You think she will like it so go for it.  Give a gift receipt.  Giving a gift receipt with any gift is always a good idea because like you said it makes it easier to take back--nothing wrong with that on either end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards