Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Meeting Possible Officiant

My Fiance and I are meeting a possible officiant tonight.  We are having a bit of an issue because our wedding is at 4:30 PM on a Saturday and we are (very reform) Jewish so even finding a rabbi or cantor to do it at that time was difficult!  We like how this woman sounds although are a bit concerned because she is having surgery soon (not sure on what) and says on her website that she has an illness (she is in her 70's.) but hopefully it will all work out!

Any recommendations on questions to ask?  

Re: Meeting Possible Officiant

• My Fiance and I are meeting a possible officiant tonight.  We are having a bit of an issue because our wedding is at 4:30 PM on a Saturday and we are (very reform) Jewish so even finding a rabbi or cantor to do it at that time was difficult!  We like how this woman sounds although are a bit concerned because she is having surgery soon (not sure on what) and says on her website that she has an illness (she is in her 70's.) but hopefully it will all work out!

Any recommendations on questions to ask?  
    I guess by now you've already had your meeting but I'm wondering why you booked a Saturday late afternoon if you want a rabbi to officiate? I'm pretty sure there's already a discussion on this board about why that doesn't work too well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards