Pre-wedding Parties

Did you plan your own pre-wedding girls night out party??

futuremrshpfuturemrshp member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties

Hi all -- I know it's not the MOH or BM duties to plan these things but I was curious if any of you planned your own 'get the girls together' kind of party.  For instance, the MOH and BM (there are only two folks per side for the WP) are out of town.  But there are ladies who are in town who I know would like to do SOMETHING (and yes, they all will be invited to the wedding).  I honestly don't mind setting it up -- like get our nails done and get some dinner! 

Did any of you do anything like this? 

Re: Did you plan your own pre-wedding girls night out party??

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    It's not appropriate to throw your own bachelorette party. Get together and go out or do whatever you want any time you want. Just don't call it a bachelorette party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieCake --- roger that.  That's kind of what I meant-- sorry I didn't have the terms down right.    (Please don't murder me, other Knotties!)  :):)
  • It is no one's "duty" to throw you a party.

Getting nails don't and dinner is fine but if you make it related to the wedding, you're basically throwing your own bach without calling it a bach.
    *********************************************************************************

• edited June 2015
  • Fair enough.  Thanks everyone. 

• jenijoykjenijoyk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2014

I did this, but didn't call it anything wedding related and made the invite informal. Our RD was on Thursday, and was pretty small (around 15 people) and we knew it would be over by 9. Earlier in the day, I texted/called/emailed the girls I knew would be in town early (whether they were at the RD or not) and asked if they wanted to linedancing around 9:30. A group of us did, and it was awesome. I'd hardly consider this throwing myself a party (and more consider it being a good hostess for the weekend?).

The men went back to the hotel and watched the playoffs in the hotel bar. The older folks went to bed. It was a super fun night and beat everyone twiddling their thumbs that evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards