Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

wedding invitation

Is it worth it to diy invitations or just buy them? If anyone has diy how much did it cost, was it difficult to print them etc? I need roughly 125, please help!

Re: wedding invitation

• Options
    For custom printed invitations, check out www.vistaprint.com.  They always have sales going on, and there are often groupons available for them.
    For do-it-yourself kits, Michaels has great deals.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I'm DIYing my invitations with paper from Cards & Pockets. For $165 I'll have materials enough to do 100 invitations with the following components: 4.5x6.5" invitation matted on 5x7" mat, A7 sized envelope, reception card, rsvp card with envelope, and bellyband. I designed the invitation myself using powerpoint as I found it easier to use than Word and I don't have Photoshop/In Design and with the save as picture function in Powerpoint, the image quality is just as good as any other program allowing you to save with up to 1600 dpi resolution. I already own a Canon photo printer so I will be printing them at home.

This is not the rock bottom cheapest option, Vistaprint with a coupon or the DIY Michaels Kit with a coupon probably would be cheaper, however I preferred the color and paper options of Cards & Pockets. The invitations and other printed components are on a 92 lb. paper and the mat and belly band are also a heavy weight shimmery blue and purple respectively.

So far I have not found printing them difficult, although I haven't done a huge batch, just testing each component. Printing them with on max quality settings they are professional looking enough FI thought that I had purchased the samples and was impressed they came from our home printer.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We DIYed and used Michael's. Got them on clearance and did everything for about $50. The kits have templates that you download online, so it's pretty easy.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards