Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Note Monograms?

My mother just bought be 250 beautiful monogrammed thank you notes for my birthday, monogrammed with my full maiden name. My wedding is in June 2016. 

I love them but am wondering if it's appropriate to use these for engagement and wedding gifts my fiancé and I receive since they only have my full name on them? I know it's not appropriate to use our married monograms until after the reception, but will it be awkward to send these out for gifts we receive before the wedding? Will it be awkward to sign them "Monica & Mike" when my full name is at the top? Please tell me if I am overthinking this :-)

Re: Thank You Note Monograms?

• Options
    I think it's fine to use them now since you haven't changed your name. 

You might ask your FI to cosign the thank-you notes (which you really should send ASAP after receiving any gifts for your wedding).
  • Options
    Yeah I'd use them for anything you receive before the wedding. Write them in the first person but reference him, aka "Mike and I can't wait to make bread in our new pans!" You can still sign as "Monica and Mike;" it's obvious that you're the one writing it. Plus... nobody cares what your thank you card looks like as long as they get one. ;)

• Options
    PPs are right. 

I'm just a bit flabbergasted that she'd buy two hundred and fifty cards for you to use in the next 1.5 years. .... 

Like really, 250? I hope she got a good deal. Seems wasteful if you're planning to change your name. (Very generous, surely. I'm just surprised.) 

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I'd use them for anything received before the wedding.  For wedding gifts given on your wedding day, I wouldn't use them.

I also think it's kinda weird to buy so many thank you notes with your maiden name when she knows you're getting married soon.  ETA - Unless she knows you're keeping your maiden name?
  • Options

My mother just bought be 250 beautiful monogrammed thank you notes for my birthday, monogrammed with my full maiden name. My wedding is in June 2016. 

I love them but am wondering if it's appropriate to use these for engagement and wedding gifts my fiancé and I receive since they only have my full name on them? I know it's not appropriate to use our married monograms until after the reception, but will it be awkward to send these out for gifts we receive before the wedding? Will it be awkward to sign them "Monica & Mike" when my full name is at the top? Please tell me if I am overthinking this :-)
    You're totally fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards