Nevada-Las Vegas

Anyone wear glasses during their ceremony & photos?

Hi All-  2 weeks to go!  Woo Hoo. 

I was "informed" :-)  today by my grown daughter that as she said  "you can't" wear your glasses during the ceremony.  She really doesn't think I should wear them and was shocked I was even thinking of wearing them.   I guess I hadn't thought about it but I guess I can make it without them as long as I don't have to read anything or try to use my phone I should be OK??

Any other glasses wearers have any input?  Did you wear your glasses or not?   How did it work out?

Thanks!

We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014

Re: Anyone wear glasses during their ceremony & photos?

• H does not wear his because of possible glares in photos.

• I don't think I'm going to wear mine.  I may have them with me if they will fit in my clutch for dinner and partying throughout the night.  My eyes tend to get tired if I go too long without them and I get all squinty.
  • I wear glasses and have been asking the same question a lot lately. The trouble is, without glasses I will struggle to even see expressions or my grooms face walking down the aisle. I also go all squinty and get really bad headaches. I'm currently looking at contacts although I have never worn these before. I'm hoping contacts are the way forward! 

It depends on what makes you comfortable. I know a lot of people have said I wouldn't be me without my glasses and I'm sure you will look gorgeous either way! :)

Theres lots of photos of brides with glasses on pinterest!
  • If you can wear contacts, I think that would be best in my opinion. Although I know people, like my mom, who wore their glasses for the ceremony and just removed them for the official pictures and it worked great for her! I wear glasses but can't see a thing without them so it's one or the other. I'm doing contacts to avoid glare and dirty spots in my glasses in all the pics. I finally found a type that don't dry out and I'll be bringing eye drops as well. But if you can't go without glasses and you have anti-glare on them, I'm sure you'll be just great! And you could always make sure someone stands by with glasses cleaner for after all the hugs ;-).
  • My husband and I both wore them for our wedding 10 years ago and our vow renewal last month
  • I wore contacts. But I wear them occasionally anyway. If you want to wear them... go get them now and practice - they can take some getting used to. A good photographer wont let glasses glare and wreck photos... so if you want to wear them, then do it. When people have never seen you NOT wearing your glasses, they may think you look a little strange without them! So its eniterly up to you!
  • I can't wear contacts due to 1, being scared to put anything in my eyes, and 2, my ophthalmologist does not recommend it due to severe dry eyes and allergies, so I am stuck with glasses. I was married before back in 2002 and didn't wear my glasses and I couldn't see ANYTHING. So this time I will be wearing my glasses. As much as I don't want to, they are a part of who I am...and I really want to see my groom's reaction and everyone else. My first wedding was so fuzzy LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wore contacts. But I wear them occasionally anyway. If you want to wear them... go get them now and practice - they can take some getting used to. A good photographer wont let glasses glare and wreck photos... so if you want to wear them, then do it. When people have never seen you NOT wearing your glasses, they may think you look a little strange without them! So its eniterly up to you!
    All very good points.
  • Thanks all!   Great feedback.    Not sure what I'm going to do yet but this really helped!
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • It depends on the frames. Sometimes I really like when people wear their glasses because:

1) I've usually never seen that person without their glasses, so they would look completely different. Sometimes it's not a huge shock, but sometimes I barely recognize them.

2) They might have really awesome/quirky frames.

3) It "dates" the photo. For example, in my parents' wedding photo, everyone is wearing those late '60s cat-eye glasses, and the men all have those dark plastic frames that hipsters wear nowadays.

Honestly, though, it depends on your comfort level, and this is one of those things where you get to say, "It's my wedding day, and I want to do X."

If you don't want to wear your glasses and can wear contacts, get some contacts and wear them for a few weeks leading up to the wedding. That way, you'll be comfortable putting them in and taking them out, and you'll know if they cause issues. You really don't want red, weepy, scratchy eyes the day of your wedding.
  • I'm super particular about my frames. I typically get the black rectangular glasses, and they frame me well. I agree if you wear something that is a certain look it may be dated down the road, remember the big glasses of the 80's? I laugh at my childhood pics because mine were HUGE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married for the second time in June. My first wedding I wore my glasses. I can't see with out them. I've tried to wear contacts but they make my eyes so bloodshot that it wasn't worth it to me. I will be wearing my glasses in this wedding too. I'd much rather see everyone's expressions especially my soon to be hubby's!  Plus, I've worn glasses my entire life, they are who I am. I feel so awkward looking without them on. 

I say if they are glasses that you wear all the time and need them to really see than you should wear them. If they are glasses that you don't wear all the time just to read, see far, etc and can handle not wearing them for the ceremony than don't. 

Photographers are really good at making sure they don't get glares in the photos from them too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards