Ohio-Cleveland

Whats your story?

Hi, I'm getting married next year. This will be my second marriage, I belonged to the knot years ago and found it helpful.

When are you getting married and what is your theme? Any Stresses?

Also, do brides do gtg on here anymore?

Re: Whats your story?

• Congrats on your marriage! 

I'm getting married this October (!). We have no theme or official colors. I'd say the stresses are just getting everything done on time (our wedding is very DIY). 

This board isn't very active. If there have been get-togethers, I haven't heard about them. 
  • We got married September 2013...so we just had our first anniversary a week ago...yay! :)  I linger around here and the honeymoon board because I love traveling.  I've never seen anything about get togethers on this board...

• Ohh Awseome October is what?!?!? only a couple of days away!! whooo!!

And congrats on your first year of marriage.

Im amazed these boards are dead, back in the day we were doing 20+ posts a day! had a few gtg...drinkies. it was fun. look forward to seeing all the brides pics:)

• Happy anniversary @mlg78

@Rebeccaaa, the international boards are hoppin', it's just the CLE board that's a little depressing. If there were ever a get together, I'd be down! 
  • I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of activity for Cleveland brides. Looks like we have at least 3 who would get together though! Count me in :)

My wedding is January 23, i guess it's kind of a wintery woodsy theme. Navy blue is the main color. 

Work has been very busy and stressful lately, so wedding planning has not been a top priority. All my big stuff is done an paid for, i think the last major item is invitations, but I have yet to find any that I love that are within my budget.
  • We've been married almost a year. I wish this board had been more active when I was planning so I stick around to answer any questions I can now. 

Congrats @mlg78 and happy planning everyone else!
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • I'm getting married next September! Woohoo!! I'm trying to narrow down our "theme" now. Our colors are deep purple and grey with a little pop of orange. That's the plan now at least! So much could change between now and then. Trying to DIY as much as I can and be smart about it. Sometimes projects can get out of hand and cost way more money. This board is usually quiet. I'd be down to get together! I hope I'm as calm as all of you being that close to my wedding day!
  • Nicolie , love the color combos!  And I love DIY!

Seems like we can get this board hoping again.

• I'm getting married in September 2015. I tend to shy away from the knot discussion boards because people are judgy, not supportive. I would love for this board to be more active and positive! 
  • Congrats! do you have a theme or colors? That's a shame that people are not positive..  looking forward to hearing the details
  • I got married in May. I'm in Akron, but there isn't an Akron board so I hang out here. Our theme was champagne, wine and roses. The colors were ivory, champagne, wine, and gold. It turned out beautifully. I just got my professional album back so I got excited all over again about wedding stuff!!!
  • A lot of the people on these boards can be so harsh! I am careful about what I post/ask because of it! It's a shame!
  • I am getting married October 9th, 2015, so my year mark is here! Our theme is rustic chic with the colors being hot pink and charcoal gray. I am very excited and trying not to stress too much! I do wish this board would be more active! I see so many people read the post, but don't respond! Maybe we can all help each other out from here! 
  • Tammy, id be flipping threw my album every few minutes..hope to do so. in my first marriage a family friend of his took our pics...umm no pics of my family. so im going to go with a professional photographer than will do just 3 hrs since we are having a small wedding..

Nicolie...thants a shame.. we shouldn't feel like we cant ask anything..

Rbanfie2 ohh the one year mark is exciting. the time will fly. I love the colors. would love to see some of your ideas!

to all: sorry if it seems like I talk a lot.. I really don't in public..but we'll get this board popping!

• we are still trying to set up a budget but we are aiming for late 2015 or early spring 2016. gtg would be awesome (even though i am very shy) 

nicolie i have had the same experience with rude people and some very harsh people. so i usually just comment on things. 

• August 1st, 2015 for my fiance and I.  Still working out details for some things, church, photographer and reception site booked.  However possibly changing our minds regarding the reception site.  Looking at something more budget friendly as we probably rushed into booking the place we have.  Also being new to the Cleveland area has been slightly difficult.  Relying on women I work with for advice on bridal shops, etc.  Needless to say, meeting women/friends at my age (35) is harder than I thought but I have heard that from other friends who have moved.  
  • @ahopper12 if you need advice for venues, just post how many guests you plan to have, what area of cleveland you are looking for and what type of venue you are looking for like outdoors versus traditional venue, etc. You'll get advice. It may take a few days, but you'll get some ideas from the to be brides & past brides on this site. I love to help out with that type of stuff. I loved planning my wedding and had a blast doing it.

• Thanks Erikan73.  Right now this is what we would like:

- small and intimate wedding
    - roughly have between 100-125 (at the most) guests
    - no outdoors (don't want to worry about the weather)
    - something that is budget friendly (found a place that is $50 per person, includes, appetizers, plated meal, desserts, drinks and open bar for 5 hours) (just not 100% sure about the place)
    - don't want/need a real fancy place as we are a simple couple paying for our wedding
    - we would like to keep it close or in the downtown area of Cleveland.
    - We currently have the Ariel International Center booked as a reception venue but have quickly realized we shouldn't have b/c the costs just keep adding up.  Has beautiful views of the lake and downtown.  
    - looking to do my own centerpieces (mint julep vase with 1 or 2 different types of flowers)

I think thats about it :)  Im sure I've left somethings out.
  • I got married Oct 14, 2014.  I am from the Cleveland area but got married in Florida (Disney World!), so I'm no help at venues and many of the vendor choices.  I did get my dress (and visited a good amount of dress shops) in the area and I had my dress altered here.

Since you guys all shared (even though it's not really helpful):
    Wedding type:  Intimate (immediate family only - 10 people)
    Venue:  Disney World - Sea Breeze Point - Boardwalk
    Photography:  Disney's Fine Art Photography
    Cake:  Disney's Boardwalk Bakery
    Floral:  Disney Floral
    Hair & Makeup:  Beaute Speciale
    Food:  Yachtsman Steakhouse - Disney Yacht Club; Private Dessert Party & Fireworks viewing - Epcot

Local Stuff:
    Dress: Expressions Bridal - Mentor OH
    Alterations:  Julianne's Alterations - Columbia Station OH

Preservation - Still have to do this - Martinizing Dry Cleaning

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards