Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews: Cosmo, Peachy Keen Unions, Makeup in the 702, Flowers of the Field (a few non ceremony PIP)

Hello! Our vow renewal was amazing- a perfectly sweet and romantic night. :)

Wanted to share a few quick reviews. I tend to be as concise as possible but I will happily answer any questions or messages.

Cosmo Wraparound Terrace A+++

The suite was beautiful!!! We didn't have any issues with the room in terms of cleanliness or maintenance. We renewed our vows on the terrace which was perfect. We had to pay $50 to upgrade to the East Tower and it was 50 bucks very well spent. You can't beat the view.

Cosmopolitan  B. Don't rely on early check in. I am not going to complain about it because there is no guarantee for it anyway. And in the end, we did get in around 2, an hour before regular check in time. What I will complain about is a service error. We paid for our room with credit card A (weeks before the trip) but when we arrived we used credit card B for our incidentals deposit and the $50 upgrade. The check in agent refunded the room fee to card A and then charged it to card B even after an explicit conversation about the two cards. She asked if we wanted to keep the room on the original card and we said yes. We didn't realize she'd done the opposite until the next day. It was worked out but was super annoying because essentially it was like paying for the room twice temporarily because the refund takes a few days. We ended up being able to eat at Wicked Spoon on the house but only after I asked if there was anything they'd like to offer anything as an apology. Well, Wicked Spoon was awesome so there is that! The hotel still gets a B overall because everyone was polite and pleasant and the hotel is simply beautiful. And- free food. lol

Peachy Keen Unions A+++

Angie Kelly is amazing at what she does and also very sweet! Some of the things she said will stay with me for a very long time. Since it was a vow renewal, she talked a lot about the challenges we have been through and what we've learned since our wedding day. It was very heartfelt and beautiful. I had been looking forward to really reflecting on our journey and she made the ceremony exactly what I envisioned. In addition to that, her communication is great- even during maternity leave. (She had a baby 6 weeks ago.)

Makeup in the 702 A+++

A few days prior I got really nervous about the makeup. I very rarely wear makeup and had never done airbrush foundation. Well, I loved it. I asked for very light coverage and I couldn't even feel that it was there. Kiera (makeup) and Crystal (hair) were incredible. I gave a few general guidelines about my expectations but trusted them a lot as (again) I rarely wear makeup and I had an updo, which is rare also. I was prepared to take suggestions from the experts. They are both talented as well as very sweet.  We dove into some fun conversations so it soon felt like a beauty day with girlfriends and I didn't stay nervous for long. The goal with the makeup was to look/feel a bit glammed up but still like myself and that was achieved. Crystal is a true hair artist. They were on time and finished within an hour. I highly recommend them both. The owner, Megan, was great about responding to emails and answering even the smallest of questions. I've read a few mixed reviews but I was thankfully happy with my experience.

Flowers of the Field A

Very basic service. Just a simple bouquet for me. H did not want a boutonniere. The florists who were recommended to me here focus on weddings and events so it was good to find someone who could take a small order and deliver to our hotel. Meanwhile, they are great wedding florists as well. I started following them on FB and was impressed with their posts. They were good about sending different ideas, prices, answering questions, etc but not always in a timely manner. The flowers were delivered on time and were beautiful and that was the most important thing.

I will post a review for Glitter Lens Photography once I get the pics back but the experience was wonderful!

Pics below: view from the room, room pics, getting hair and makeup done and my flowers

Re: Reviews: Cosmo, Peachy Keen Unions, Makeup in the 702, Flowers of the Field (a few non ceremony PIP)

• Wow!! That is a hell of a view! I would have paid $50 more for that too. Amazing.

Sorry to hear about Cosmo's flub up, but glad they compensated with free food- especially at Wicked Spoon!

You look lovely! Did you wear your hair side swept up?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks. No, my hair was totally up but she was halfway done at this point. And yeah, the view was crazy! @vegasbride2015
  • Did you try the $20 trick or did you just pay for the upgrade?
  • No, I didn't because we heard them giving a specific range of fees to someone else based on the rooms. The lowest offer was $30 for a smaller room. We were in the lounge for Marriott reward members so I thought it would help that we weren't in the regular check in line but it didn't matter. Honestly, I was so relieved to get the room at all because earlier that morning we were told they had all been committed so I happily agreed to $50. $20 would have been nice or anywhere between $20 and $50 but seriously, 50 was worth it. No regrets. :)  @aggiespartan
  • We've stayed at the Cosmo twice and used the $20 trick both times.  Both times we've been upgraded to next room up.  One of those times, the room was even comped.  It's always worth a shot.  When we had the comped room they even offered us a wraparound suite for $100 a night, but we stuck with free.
  • That's awesome. $20 for a room upgrade or tower? @aggiespartan

• Room upgrade.  We booked the Terrace Studio both times and was upgraded to the Terrace One Bedroom.
  • Ohh okay. Well, we didn't need a room upgrade because we'd booked the wraparound but that's what they charged us for the view upgrade. If we book a smaller room next time, I may try that for a room upgrade!  @aggiespartan
  • I have heard of people getting a better view or a higher floor with it.  They will give you just about whatever you ask for within reason at Cosmo it seems.  Once we even emailed and complained about construction noise one morning and they comped a full night.  In my experience, their staff is wonderful and will do whatever they can to make a great stay.
  • They do indeed have great service. I will definitely see what else I can get next time! It's an amazing hotel.
  • Congrats! Everything sounds like it went great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow you're so pretty!!!

Love the Cosmo room. Looks fabulous!
  • Agree with your review of Makeup In the 702 - the girls we had were SO friendly! And I didn't give too much direction... and they just made it perfect

I specifically booked the "Premium" wrap around suite (which got us the front of the east tower looking over the Bellagio) and paid about $50 more than the advertised price on the websirte for a standard wrap around.

What floor were you on? we were on 3o and not high enough above the Bellagio sign... so would probably recommend people ask for at least the 35th floor?

• @AustralianSam We were on 63. Initially, we worried we may be too high! But it was fine. Unless I look straight down, heights don't bother me and that is very difficult to do the way those rails are designed.

I am glad you brought that up because at one point I saw a recommendation for 29 or higher. I was wondering how accurate that was. We actually were going to get a room in the low 30s but the one on 63 was ready first and we just wanted to get in and settled.

As for the live and in person view, it was perfect. I am curious to see how it was all captured in our pics. :)

• That all looked beautiful and ur hair gorgeous! Seriously I haven't seen anything from anyones review that hasn't been beutiful!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards