New Jersey
Options

Engagement Photos w/pet

Hello everyone,

My fiancee and I have been going back and forth about having our dog be part of our wedding ceremony.  As much as we adore him and want to share the day with him, we come to the realization that he would be quite unhappy with so many different people.  But we do want to include him somehow and would like to do both our engagement photos and some wedding photos with him.  I know it may seem odd, but he means the world to use both and it would make our day extra special. 

Point is, I have no idea which photographers would work with/are good with pets in northern NJ.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Thank you so much!

Re: Engagement Photos w/pet

• Options
    We are using the Markows and they were great with our dog Hulk (yes, the 18 lb dog's name).

The Markows have an adorable dog they photograph all of the time so they were really sweet with Hulk, even though he can be a brat. We also did a bunch of pictures that didn't include Hulk so one would entertain him while the other took photos. 
  • Options
    They also posted this photo from their engagement shoot last night that I really like. 
  • Options

We used the Markows as well and they were awesome with our dog! Steve even held Maya's leash when we weren't taking pictures with her (and took pictures at the same time!) and when she was misbehaving. They have a dog, Rex, that they are obsessed with so it is no surprise that they are a very pet friendly team. I'd be happy to PM you some of our pictures if you are interested.

• Options
    The Markows seem to be exactly what we are looking for, but unfortunately the $4000 price listed on their website is a bit over budget for us :-(.  The pictures are gorgeous though....
  • Options
    ks.photo will do it!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the KS Photo recommendation as well.  I'm reaching out to them.  I was also wondering if anyone had any experience with either Craig Collins or Jason Rhee photography, and if so, what do you guys think?
  • Options
    I had Jason Rhee has my finalist when picking a photographer.  He was so nice to meet and his work is beautiful.  We have friends that have used him also and their album is great.  The only thing is he doesnt include a 2nd photographer in his price and you will have to make that decision if you would want 2 photographers or just one.  In the end we went with Jessica Lauren who I am at this point obsessed with.
  • Options
    If you have a good budget for photography- I would say MPW MediaGroup.  They are excellent all around and probably the best photographer you can find in Jersey, or even the tri-state area..  Look them up on Facebook- you won't regret it!

https://www.facebook.com/mpwmedia

As far as finding a photographer good with dogs, I'd say it isn't that necessary.  A professional photographer can get great shots with your dog regardless of how many dogs they have photographed.  My future sister in law took our engagement photos (which included our dog) and they came out wonderful.  She brought a squeaky toy with her and we had another friend behind her whistling to catch his attention.  Pictures came out great! Just go to your engagement session prepared with a toy.
  • Options
    I'm using Jacqueline Foxx Photography and my dog is going to be in my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards