Connecticut

Wedding Hair Stylist

Hi all!

I know there have been a few posts lately about hair/makeup. I have a makeup artist and am looking for a hair stylist willing to travel to the Mystic, CT area. I don't really know where to start, and like some other brides am planning a wedding there from Oregon. While I went to undergrad in the area, I'm not native to it, so don't really know many options. If anyone has any suggestions of a great hair stylist who will travel I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Hair Stylist

• Hi there - I live on the opposite side of the state in Fairfield County and my fabulous photographer (also from Fairfield County) only suggests Sandra Downie beauty of Glastonbury for hair and makeup because of their longevity - despite it being quite far away. I know several people other people who have also used her and everyone has nothing but great things to say. See the website with rates below! Hope this helps :) 

• she is a little pricey i did my hair with a few of my maids that wanted it professionaly done at the salon i normaly go to both my moh and one of my maids only paid 50 each for hair. my hair she did free because she has done my hair for over 15 years and wanted to she did get a really nice tip

i would call around to places localy near mystic you have groton new london waterford 
    stonington it would be cheeper to hire someone closer to where you are in mystic on your day of rather than find someone far away in the state that will charge u and arm and a leg plus driving time and such 

http://www.blissahairsalon.com/Index.htm 4 star reviews  located in mystic 

• Thanks for the suggestions! I already know I'll be charged a bit more, and possibly limited on selection, because I want the hair and makeup to be done where I'm getting ready - not at a salon!
  • I had Jessica from Hair Unique do my hair for my BIL's wedding last year, and she was fantastic. I would give them a call & see if they travel to sites.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Who do you have doing your makeup? I'm looking for make up and hair in Mystic as well..
  • I'm still trying to find makeup. My MOH is from the area, and has several friends who do it, so I will probably end up booking one of them. 

I do know that there is someone at Hair Unique who does make up as well - my MIL had asked for me, so that's also an option.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards