September 2015 Weddings

I've found The One!

kimx86kimx86 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited November 2014 in September 2015 Weddings
Thank god! I've been dress shopping every Saturday for the past month or so and I just haven't been getting that 'you know when you know' feeling that everyone has said I would have when I find the perfect dress. There's been a lot that I've liked and thought were really pretty but I'm a very indecisive person anyways so it's been a nightmare! But finally today I walked into a shop, immediately had a dress catch my eye and it's the one! Contract signed and deposit paid. What a weight off my shoulders, I'm sure you all understand the feeling! x

Re: I've found The One!

• Very happy for you and also jealous. I went to my first dress shopping trip today and it was entirely underwhelming. Not looking forward to more weekends of this. Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you haven't already I would definitely recommend going with someone who knows you well and will pull out dresses for you that they think you would like. I wouldn't have tried half the dresses I did if it wasn't for someone pulling them out for me. All stores are different though, try another one and it might be a better experience!
  • Congrats!  I'm a little jealous too, but you're giving me hope!  I've been going at least once a week for a while now and haven't had that "wow" feeling yet. Hopefully soon!
  • Congrats on finding your dress!!  I'm finally going for my first dress appointment on Thursday and I hope I get that feeling!
  • I have my dress too! Such a relief especially after having a really meh experience the first time shopping. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY for find The One.  It's a great feeling.  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Is anyone waiting to order a dress or putting off shopping due to weight loss?

I want to wait until end of February to order - getting married Sept 26th 2015.

Congrats on finding the dress, I found mine too just waiting for a skinnier me to wear it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ddoane said:
    Is anyone waiting to order a dress or putting off shopping due to weight loss?

I want to wait until end of February to order - getting married Sept 26th 2015.

Congrats on finding the dress, I found mine too just waiting for a skinnier me to wear it!
    I bought my gown for the size I am now.  I put my seamstress on alert that I will be putting her to work.  I plan to lose 30 lbs by June 2015.  I thought it safe to buy my gown now and have to take it in when Iose the weight rather than waiting or buying at the size I planned to be.

I think you have plenty of time to wait assuming you purchase your gown by March (April at the latest).  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards