Not Engaged Yet

I broke up with my boyfriend

We were just having wayyyyy too many issues for it to be so early in our relationship (less than two months). He felt like I didn't spend enough quality time with him and he needed more from me than I was willing to give. 
I'm taking the advice of my IRL friends as well as some of you ladies and I'm taking some time to myself.
I'm continuing my therapy. I just registered for a yoga class. I also deleted my social media (facebook, IG, and twitter). I want to just take some time to work on myself and heal and become a better person. So wish me luck on this new phase in my journey of life. 

Re: I broke up with my boyfriend

• Good luck on this new part of your life! Honestly, I'm happy for you that you were able to identify the issues early on. I'm learning now that when I was younger I waited too long just to see if things changed. It sounds like you've made the right decision for yourself, but also were unselfish enough to let him go as well. I'm sorry to hear about the break up, but it sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders.

• I'm sorry that you're going through this - but I am so happy that you are taking steps to make your own life better!! Please stick with your counseling and be happy with yourself before getting into another relationship. I wish you the best of luck in this new journey with and for yourself!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• That was really brave, @lifeisajourney‌. It's hard to walk away from a relationship even when you know it's not right. I wish you well as you take the time to invest in yourself, it is so important and I think it will do great things for you!

If I wasn't on my phone I would post all kinds of GIFs with wine and ice cream and puppies, just FYI, but internet hugs will have to do for the moment!
  • I'm glad you were able to recognize these issues.  Honestly, the time for yourself will help a lot.  After I got out of a 5 year relationship, I didn't seriously date anyone for a year.  I used that time to focus on myself, my family, and my friends.  In doing so, I learned a lot about myself.  

For now, get a bottle of wine and some chocolate. 
  • Glad you were able to see that things were not right for you in this relationship.  I think taking some time off is much needed!!

Anniversary
  • *hugs* It sounds like you are making the best decision (even if it is a hard one!). 

• Good for you. You need to take care of yourself first. Hugs for the journey and drink plenty of wine and eat chocolate. Those things are so good for the soul.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hugs! It's great that you're looking out for yourself and not wasting time being unhappy.

also, it's like you really are secretly on the same wave pattern as my good friend!... she texted last night that she thinks she's going to break up with her boyfriend. But, before she's even done that,  already got back on match.com, instead of taking time for herself.... at the advice of her shrink! To see that there are other guys out there! Ugh.

I'm glad you're focusing on you and not looking to just fall back into the pattern of looking for another guy and jumping into a new relationship like she is.
  • @lifeisajourney, I know it was a really tough decision, but if you take time to work on yourself, it will really help in the long run.
    Good luck!
  • I hadn't commented on your previous posts about this relationship, but I wanted to say, how brave of you. It's not easy to leave a relationship. I'm glad that you were able to identify issues, and go your separate ways before you became even more emotionally invested (not that you weren't already). Glad that you're taking time for yourself, use it! Wish you all the best and hope you continue to check in.
  • Stick around if you can! Everyone here is definitely awesome at lending support (even though you might need to get away from some of the wedding planning). Even after 2 months, it can be a hard decision to make to end a relationship.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Good for you for taking steps to focus on yourself.  Breaking up is rarely easy, even if you know it's the right thing to do.

*hugs*
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I'm glad you were able to recognize the warning signals and get out.

For now, take some time to yourself.  Grieve the loss of your relationships.  Find yourself.  Do NOT enter another relationship (as tempting as it might be) until you've fully healed.
    All of this. Stay single for awhile, but do make out with cute boys. For all of us OMHs.... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I actually think it's probably harder to end a relationship at 2 months than after a few years.  Good for you.  Drink some wine, take a long nap or two, and keep working on deciding what it is you really want.  *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards