March 2015 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Planning

So in just a few months, I will be having my bridal shower. Potential date is January 31st (17 days after my birthday). My mom is in charge of planning the whole thing. I told her I want a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed shower so the primary colors are Tiffany blue and black. I'm over the moon about it!

Re: Bridal Shower Planning

• Options
    Sweet! Mine is Feb 7, a month before my wedding. I don't know much about it other than it will be vintage themed with pearls and she asked me to collect any perfume bottles I could find.

imageimage

• Options
    I don't know when mine is I rather have it sooner rather than later.  I am an Accountant and it is bad enough I am getting married during tax season.  I wish mine was before the holidays.
  • Options
    Mine is February 28, one month before. And I know nothing about it! lol my mom and sister insist on having full control so I'm just showing up. With the thousand other things I have to plan, I'm totally okay with this lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea about any of it!! I think my maid of honor had everyone meet up this weekend to discuss but as far as I know nothing is planned yet!
  • Options
    How far in advance should invites go out?  When are you guys sending yours?  I was going over my schedule and the only day I have free for a bridal shower is January 10th.  This scares me because the people who said they wanted to give me a shower have not asked for my availability.  I honestly don't think they  have started planning yet.  This scares me a little.  I feel like I am getting my hopes up just to be let down.  What do you guys think? 
  • Options
    I don't think I'm having one. We aren't registering anywhere. We both owned homes before we met, and he has since moved in and sold his home. So we already have everything we need.
  • Options
    I don't think I'm having one. We aren't registering anywhere. We both owned homes before we met, and he has since moved in and sold his home. So we already have everything we need.
  • Options
    @starfish411 I'm not sure about how far in advance to send invites... so maybe someone else can chime in here with that. My best guess would be 4 weeks? I could be totally off though.

BUT, I can echo some of your other feelings. My mom and sister (one of my MOHs) offered to throw me a shower, and I have very limited weekend availability from January-March. They haven't really gotten in to much of the planning, especially with the holidays approaching they are just side tracked. I know it's not proper etiquette to "plan" your own shower, but I don't think there is anything wrong with having a conversation about how you are so happy they have offered and you wanted to let them know that the date that works best for you is January 10th. Let them take it from there. If they don't take some initiative to start planning, then sadly you may not have a shower. That would be a bummer but at least if you have that conversation it might get them going on things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starfish411tcnoble in that 3-4 weeks is fine. I used this timeframe when planning my sister's baby shower. Her suggestion on bringing it up in casual conversation is a great idea. Holidays get things all in a mess.

One of my best friends didn't have a bridal shower, and to be honest I think she was kind of glad she didn't. Although I was a BM for her wedding I couldn't financially afford much other than being a BM and I did her bachelorette but I really don't think now she cares. With her family and the easy drama they create, it was probably for the better she didn't have one. 

Now that I think about it, a lot of the recently married friends I have didn't have one... so you're not alone.

imageimage

• Options
    Are week day showers after work acceptable?
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I don't think they are "unacceptable" but personally I probably wouldn't be thrilled to attend a shower after work. I'm a teacher and after 8 hours at work I'm not always a happy camper, so after work I like to just go home and unwind. On the other hand you might have people who prefer an after work weekday shower over giving up part of their weekend. Could go both ways!

ETF spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are week day showers after work acceptable?
    tcnoble you know your guests best @starfish411 If they would be fine having an evening shower in the week then do it! I would think most who have to come out of town would decline, but if you dont have many of those/dont mind if they decline then Im all for it. 

I did my bff's bachelorette party on a Sunday night but all the girls work in hospitality and Sundays and Mondays are the easiest days to ask off work. Most attended.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards