Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Can I just say...(alterations)

I cannot think of a single reason why you would not use Becky Fowler for your alterations.  I guarantee nobody can beat her prices unless it's a family friend or something like that.  I just had my first fitting with her this weekend and she is having to shorten my dress 4 inches, she will have to hand cut all the lace at the bottom and reapply it further up the dress and I was FLOORED at how little she is charging me for all the alterations.  Plus you can tell she absolutely loves what she does and really considers it an honor to work on your dress.  Call her, seriously, don't bother calling anyone else.

Becky Fowler

beckyfowler1@live.com

972-986-8067

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can I just say...(alterations)

• I totally needed this! Thank you sooo sooo much,
  • She is THE BEST!  She did the same thing with the lace on my dress and I felt like I was robbing her!  She is just so so so sweet.  =)

Bonus: If you are a bridesmaid in future weddings, she always saves space for her former clients and her prices for BM dresses are just as good.
    Anniversary

• About how much are alterations? Of course David's Bridal penciled me in to do it there when I picked up my dress (plan to cancel that) but it's been several years since I've had alterations done and don't remember how much it cost. I was thinking of going back to the lady who did my BM dress then.
  • Yes, I would be interested in having an estimate of how much her alterations are too! I am planning on using her too, just need to know how much I should plan on putting aside for it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think mine was $100 and I gave her an extra $20.
    Anniversary

• Mine was $250 for bustle, taking in at the waste and hand cutting all the lace at the bottom and shifting it up 4 inches to shorten the front.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going this Saturday and can report back on pricing.
  • Pricing update because I had been wondering as well!  $175 for a bustle and taking in the sides of my beaded tulle dress (her estimate on the phone was $175-$225).  

Bridesmaid dress pricing (based on a chiffon/lace dress) is $35 hem, $35 take in sides, $15 take up shoulders.   
  • Sorry I just now am reporting back, she took in my dress on one side, hemmed it about an inch in front, put in a French bustle, sewed in bra cups and took in both sides under my arms. Total price $200, most places would have started at $400. Very happy with the work that Becky did and she was sweet as pie!
  • Thanks so much!! I am going dress shopping tomorrow and had pretty well found a dress online at David's Bridal that I liked that is lace up but I will probably have to add some extra modesty panel back there (they top out at like a 26W and I am closer to a 28W or 30W depending on how it is made but I also was thinking about taking it from sleeveless to adding a cap sleeve style "tank top" strap (I have the oddest tan lines going on I am trying to cover up) and I just know David's is going to take me to the cleaners on that kind of alteration.  I will for sure give her a call and see how much she would charge me for that.
  • Just sent her an email. Thank you so much for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards