Wedding Invitations & Paper

Check my proof please

ctr24ctr24 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
Could you please take a look at the below draft we received from the stationer and let me know if anything looks off? The silver writing looks incredibly light in the draft but is darker in person and the navy is darker as well. I've attached the invite, our additional info card, and the rehearsal dinner card which will go to those participating in the rehearsal. 

One change we've already made is to not use the "&" for my parents and instead use the word "and"

Thank you so much 

Re: Check my proof please

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    The only thing that I have a question about is the timing of your transportation to and from the hotel. Do you have it noted anywhere else (website or another insert) about what time the shuttle will be leaving for the ceremony site?

ETA:  Other then that they look great to me.

• Thanks @maggie0829. It is included on the website and will be included in the welcome bag at the hotel. When we drafted these, we didn't know what time the shuttle would be leaving but now that we've booked it we should consider adding it on the card. 
  • Adding it may be wise.  It is always good to have the pertinent information written in many places because people may over look the note in their welcome bag and some people may not look at your website.  Better to be safe then sorry...and having to possibly field a bunch of calls the day before or the day of your wedding :)

• Just a nitpicky thing, but I don't think you're supposed to use the wording "reception to follow" unless it's at the same location as the ceremony.  Maybe just say "please join us for a reception at xxx time, xxx location"
  • cafarrie said:
    Just a nitpicky thing, but I don't think you're supposed to use the wording "reception to follow" unless it's at the same location as the ceremony.  Maybe just say "please join us for a reception at xxx time, xxx location"
    I didn't notice this so this is a good thing to point out.  Typically if your reception is located at a different venue from your ceremony you are supposed to have a separate reception card to denote the venue and address of that venue.  But I think what OP has is fine.  I am assuming she doesn't have a gap so in reality her reception is immediately following the ceremony, it is just immediately following at X location.

• I was told if you are getting married in a church, then honor should be spelled with a "u", so "Mr. and Mrs. _______ request the honour of your presence..." See, this post http://blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by-line-guide/
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    In a Catholic ceremony, the names of he bride and the groom are separated by the word, "and", not "to" because they are both receiving the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony.  Is this going to be a full mass?  If it is, here is alternate wording that makes that clear:

Mr. and Mrs. Bridesparents
    request the honour of your presence
    at the Nuptial Mass uniting their daughter
    Bride's First Middle
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
    (etc.)

Reception
    Time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    Woodland Park, New Jersey

Normally you would use a separate card for the reception information.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • HReis13 said:
    I was told if you are getting married in a church, then honor should be spelled with a "u", so "Mr. and Mrs. _______ request the honour of your presence..." See, this post http://blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by-line-guide/
    No, if you are getting married in a church, it's honor of your presence (with or without the u).If you are not getting married in a church than it's "pleasure of your company".

From the exact page you sited:

What is the correct spelling of “honor”?
    Both “honour” and “honor” are correct. It’s a matter of personal preference, although most brides prefer the English spelling, “honour.”

• Honour is the British spelling.  Honor is the American spelling.  Back in 1976 when I was married, one always spelled it the British way on formal wedding invitations.  Today that rule has relaxed, and it is personal preference.  You NEVER use the phrase "honour of your presence" unless your ceremony is being held in a church or other house of worship.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We'll be having a Catholic ceremony but not a full mass (no Communion). Do we still use "and" instead of "to" and the rest of the wording is ok (besides the spelling of honour)?
  • I think either is OK.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards