Wedding Party

MOH decision- too many?

Ever since I was a little girl, my cousin and I promised we'd be each other's MOH's. We've been bff's for 25 years. I also have a younger sister, who I am extremely close to. Then there is his sister- who is one of my besties as well, we were roomies after we were introduced, etc. I have 2 other girls I'm asking to be BMs.

Question is- Can I have his sister be the Matron of Honor, and then my cousin & sister be Co-Maids of Honor, then have my other 2 girlfriends be BMs?

Re: MOH decision- too many?

• I think this is fine since all the Maids/Matrons of Honor are family (either yours or his), so that's a clear explanation for if your girlfriends wonder why they are BMs and the other three are "a step higher", so to speak.  I also have two Maids of Honor
  • I kinda agree that all of those different labels may make people who are only bridesmaids feel a little left out. I'm not anti-two MOHs, but this one makes me a feel a little bit icky. Not to say people wouldn't end up being okay with it, though. You know your friends and family and how they would take this better than we do. 

• I think it is fine. I had three girls in my party. One was matron of honor (BFF since I was 7 and we are 33 now), one was maid of honor (my sister), and one was a bridesmaid (my FSIL). No one was mad about titles. It isn't a secret I am closer to my sister and BFF. I would think it would be the same for your friends.
  • I am so glad to come across this post. I have 2 MOH (my sister and my BFF). People have been acting like it is the strangest thing they have ever heard of and I was starting to feel uncomfortable about it. Glad to see im not the only who did this! I say go for it. 
  • I think this is silly and mean to the other 2 girls. 3 MOH and 2 bridesmaids? I don't like that balance at all and I think it could be hurtful to the 2 lesser friends.
  • I just don't think it matters that much.  The only difference I've ever seen between MOH and BM is the flowers.  What is the difference what you call them?  It is an honor to be asked to stand up for a bride at her wedding, period.  
  • I agree that the two BMs might feel a little tiered. FI is having multiple best men and no other groomsmen. Maybe you could just have three ladies of honor and leave out the other two? 

I think it will be fine either way and not a huge deal, just a thought. 
  • I have two MOHs and one BM. You can call them whatever you want, like the titles you mentioned or all BMs, either way it's a way of honoring them. My MOHs and I have been friends since kindergarten, so I could never pick between the two (mostly because I wouldn't want to), and my BM (FSIL) understands and didn't care at all. If these are the people who you can't picture not having beside you, then that's what's important.

If it's a matter of their feelings, you know them better than people on the internet, but if it's just the title, do the titles you want.
  • I have two MOHs and one BM. You can call them whatever you want, like the titles you mentioned or all BMs, either way it's a way of honoring them. My MOHs and I have been friends since kindergarten, so I could never pick between the two (mostly because I wouldn't want to), and my BM (FSIL) understands and didn't care at all. If these are the people who you can't picture not having beside you, then that's what's important.

If it's a matter of their feelings, you know them better than people on the internet, but if it's just the title, do the titles you want.
    I disagree. If it's just a title, why do the title at all? Just have them all be bridesmaids. No need to choose between them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards