Ohio-Columbus
Options

Photographer for short period of time and INEXPENSIVE

I just want a photographer for a couple of hours and it seems like every photographer starts at $1,000, which is way too high for me.  I don't need two shooters,I have one location, and all I need are digital files. Does anyone know of at least some photographers that will just charge an hourly rate instead of offering "Wedding Packages"? Thanks!

Re: Photographer for short period of time and INEXPENSIVE

• Options
    I'll preface this with "you get what you pay for"...but it go want to go the support budget route...

I'd contact the Lantern at Ohio State and CCAD see if you can get a student. You can check craislist for people just getting started.

You might have trouble finding by the hour photog, with experience, that doesn't add up to $1,000 for a few hours. You are paying for not only their time, but also their equipment and experience.

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for photogs under $1k
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I've seen some cheap ones (like $100/hour) on craigslist as well, but I agree you get what you pay for!

I booked Emily Mollineaux. Current rate when I booked was $800 for 6 hours, including digital files, engagement session free, and 2 shooters.  I used her for a family session and liked her work.  She did tell me she will be raising her prices to I believe $1200 starting next year.

http://www.emilymollineaux.com/
  • Options
    donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    A friend of mine just met Deb Brake photographing Marysville football game.  When I looked online, I found this of Marysville photographers.  Maybe by hiring someone a little "out of town" would be a way to get a professional, but at a small town price?

• Options
    AlisonM23 said:
    I've seen some cheap ones (like $100/hour) on craigslist as well, but I agree you get what you pay for!

I booked Emily Mollineaux. Current rate when I booked was $800 for 6 hours, including digital files, engagement session free, and 2 shooters.  I used her for a family session and liked her work.  She did tell me she will be raising her prices to I believe $1200 starting next year.

http://www.emilymollineaux.com/
    Oooooo, she has some nice shots at a quick glance! She looks like a solid budget option. Thanks for sharing Alison! Be sure to tell us how your photos turn out :)

@donethat, you know I love you...but some of the images on that link were The Cheese! ;-p Some were good and definitely worth checking  out, some were so cheesy it made me giggle. xoxo
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    @photokitty    

Ha Ha - you're so right about the cheese!  That for sure.  But, it was the only place I found the info/option.  Depending on budget, expectations, personalities, etc...  one of these "small town" photogs might be a fit.  

So - to quote and paraphrase you from above:

1)  You get what you pay for
    2)  Buyer beware ... and aware

:-)

• Options
    www.tessagailphotography.com.. she is amazing.. and will work with you.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have a friend is doing great things check him out! https://www.facebook.com/tylerharrisphotography1
    We just got our engagement pictures back and I am in love with them!! The price is very reasonable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards