Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Rehearsal/Groom's Dinner venue options

Hi ladies,

My fiancé, his family, and I are working to find a rehearsal dinner spot for ~35-40 people on a Friday next September.

We would like it to be a more casual atmosphere and ideally close to either our church (near Lake Harriet), our hotel (Marriott West), or somewhere in between such as Calhoun or West End. Easy parking for out of town guests is a top priority as well.

We're not from the area so it's proving difficult to even know the options out there let alone which options might work best. Any suggestions? Past experiences?

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal/Groom's Dinner venue options

• Options
    Here are a few randoms I was just thinking of.  If I come up with any others, I'll post again.  I hope this helps! :)

Bachelor Farmer is right on the edge of downtown Minneapolis with a few parking lots around, so that could be a good option.  I think their private room fits up to 50, but it's probably not very cheap.

I think Crave in West End has a private room, so that would be worth checking out since it's so close. 

The Old Spaghetti Factory is also in downtown, but they have a big parking lot.  It's a fun and casual place, but it's a beautiful building with a lot of big open spaces for rental. 

Nye's Polonaise Room might be fun to check out too, depending on your style.  It's right across the river from downtown, and I've always been able to find a place to park either in their parking lot or one of the street parking spots.  It's an old-school polka place.  I've never been in the banquet area, but it has a fun vibe. 

Elsie's Bowling Alley totally sounds sketchy, but the banquet room is really pretty, and I've known a few groups that have done large parties there and loved it.  It's just a bit further away from the river as Nye's, but still definitely in-between Uptown and West End.

Vescio's is an Italian place right on the edge of uptown by Lake Calhoun that would be really easy to get to and has a huge parking lot.  I'm not sure how big their banquet rooms, but I think it's a pretty decent-sized place. 

Cooper Pub is in West End, and they have a rental room that would be big enough.  I've only been there for drinks, so I can't comment on the food, but it's a cool-looking place that would be easy enough for everyone. 
  • Options
    IMO - I would see about your hotel or even possibly a package deal for both at your reception site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards