Chit Chat

I'm back!

sophhabobophasophhabobopha member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in Chit Chat
If you remember, we were in CA/AZ all week for thanksgiving, which I was very afraid of due to grandfather being very sick with AIDs.

We had fun in CA, mom took us to the beach and we went to a few museums. It was so great to see my brother and sister, who are only 4 and 7; they're my babies.
Papa was in the the majority of our AZ stay. I don't think anything could have prepared me to see him like he was. All skin and bones, he's lost around 20 pounds. As long as I've been alive he's shaved everyday and now he has a patchy beard. I actually think that was the most striking thing for me because it was just so out of his character. You could tell he was just really too sick to be completly lucid, he tried to talk to me about something that happened 30 years ago because he didn't know how old I am. My granny seems okay, she's just focused on getting him better. She really liked having us there, and she was almost normal. It was nice to be with family.

Yesterday was awful: one hour from mom's to the airport, two hour flight to Denver, 7 hour drive home. Fi and I are exausted today.
But I missed you ladies this week (:

ETA: And last night Fi went to the bars with his dad and on the way home he slipped on ice and has a huge black eye and face cuts, poor guy!

Re: I'm back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards