Snarky Brides
Options

My BIL's girlfriend is cah-razy.

On Tday, I posted some pictures on Facebook of the get together at my parent's house. MIL lives in Florida. BIL and his nutso girlfriend also live in Florida. This is what my MIL commented on my status:

• So cute. Love u guys. Wish I was there
And then this is what girlfriend posted on my status like 30 seconds later:

• Cause being here's not good enough after I cooked all day
Uhhhh. Okay, then. Because MIL can't be with you guys but still miss us? Girlfriend was not cooking just for MIL, by the way. They were cooking for FIL, who has been divorced from MIL for 20+ years. MIL just stopped by to see them for a little bit. 

And I've never actually met this girlfriend in person, so it's not like we know each other. 

Re: My BIL's girlfriend is cah-razy.

• Options
    We should start a thread on this. I'm in a wedding in June and this was the exchange between the bride and her FMIL:

Fiance/Son (Facebook status): heading to the football game! Excited!
    Mom/FMIL: hopefully you're wearing the right colors! No purple and gold!
    Fiance/bride: yeah, I hate it when I buy tickets for my favorite team and end up wearing the rival colors. I mean, where is my head?

DOOD. No way.

• Options
    We should start a thread on this. I'm in a wedding in June and this was the exchange between the bride and her FMIL: Fiance/Son (Facebook status): heading to the football game! Excited! Mom/FMIL: hopefully you're wearing the right colors! No purple and gold! Fiance/bride: yeah, I hate it when I buy tickets for my favorite team and end up wearing the rival colors. I mean, where is my head? DOOD. No way.
    WUT. 

My cousin's wife is consistently rude to my aunt/her MIL. And it's to the point where I have to walk away sometimes. It's so freaking uncomfortable. This also happened on Thanksgiving. She's just so snotty. 
  • Options

We should start a thread on this. I'm in a wedding in June and this was the exchange between the bride and her FMIL:

Fiance/Son (Facebook status): heading to the football game! Excited!
    Mom/FMIL: hopefully you're wearing the right colors! No purple and gold!
    Fiance/bride: yeah, I hate it when I buy tickets for my favorite team and end up wearing the rival colors. I mean, where is my head?

DOOD. No way.

WUT. 

My cousin's wife is consistently rude to my aunt/her MIL. And it's to the point where I have to walk away sometimes. It's so freaking uncomfortable. This also happened on Thanksgiving. She's just so snotty. 

--------(BOXES.)---------

My FMIL and I don't always see eye to eye, but man. I would never, in a million years, think to snip at her. She's my FIs mom. I would be irate with him if he spoke like that to my mom. Seriously. Can't tell if dumb or just rude.

• Options
    We should start a thread on this. I'm in a wedding in June and this was the exchange between the bride and her FMIL: Fiance/Son (Facebook status): heading to the football game! Excited! Mom/FMIL: hopefully you're wearing the right colors! No purple and gold! Fiance/bride: yeah, I hate it when I buy tickets for my favorite team and end up wearing the rival colors. I mean, where is my head? DOOD. No way.
    WUT. 

--------(BOXES.)--------- My FMIL and I don't always see eye to eye, but man. I would never, in a million years, think to snip at her. She's my FIs mom. I would be irate with him if he spoke like that to my mom. Seriously. Can't tell if dumb or just rude.
    Totally with you there! I'd never in a million years ever speak like that to my MIL. I don't care what she did. She's my husband's mother. 
  • Options
    WUT. 

--------(BOXES.)--------- My FMIL and I don't always see eye to eye, but man. I would never, in a million years, think to snip at her. She's my FIs mom. I would be irate with him if he spoke like that to my mom. Seriously. Can't tell if dumb or just rude.
    Totally with you there! I'd never in a million years ever speak like that to my MIL. I don't care what she did. She's my husband's mother. 
    I did speak that way to my MIL once... after she said to me that my husband was lazy his senior year of college and slacked off all the time. At that point, he was battling severe depression. Nobody insults my hubs to my face, especially behind his back.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    WUT. 

I did speak that way to my MIL once... after she said to me that my husband was lazy his senior year of college and slacked off all the time. At that point, he was battling severe depression. Nobody insults my hubs to my face, especially behind his back.
    Eh, even then I wouldn't speak disrespectfully to my MIL. She's entitled to her opinion. I'd probably just nod and change the subject. 
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    This was in real life but I still want to tell you guys.

FI has this cousin who acts like he is so rich and important. He's not, he's just a basic engineer and his wife is a bank teller. His cousin is in his 40's and makes less money than FI (who is 25 and just out of college, lol), probably because hes a fucking asswipe and nobody wants to promote him. We know he makes less because he brags about it, and frankly it's not that impressive. Just average. I'm not snarking on them not making money, I grew up poor trailer trash. I'm snarking on them thinking they are so rich and better than anyone else when I know they fucking aren't.

Family wedding this weekend. I'm at the bar talking to the cousin's dad, FI's uncle. Total sweetheart, I don't know how the son came out like he did. The son  comes up and goes "Your name is larrygaga, right?". 

..........I have been close with this family for ten years. I have babysat his children and been to his house a few times, even had a few glasses of wine. I see him several times a year, but we never do more than Hi and move on. He should still know my damn name. 

So I said, "My name has been larrygaga for the last ten years, yes." I turned away and kept talking to the uncle, who lol'd and looked embarrassed. 

"Wow, you're a little firecracker. You are sharp." He looked amused.

"I'm sharp as a goddamn knife."

Then I proceeded to ignore him and his wife for the rest of the night because I was drunk and angry and ready to pop his wife's cheap fake boob job. She saw me in the bathroom a little later and instead of acting like she knows me and saying hi, she compliments my hair like she ain't never seen it before. 

We have to invite them to the wedding but I'm honestly so sick of them pretending like they have no idea who I am and the condescending bullshit that I think I might accidentally lose their invite in the mail. I probably will because I'm a classless piece of trash. FI is on board. 

What rude dickheads! 
  • Options
    beethery said:
    larrygaga said:

FI has this cousin who acts like he is so rich and important. He's not, he's just a basic engineer and his wife is a bank teller. His cousin is in his 40's and makes less money than FI (who is 25 and just out of college, lol), probably because hes a fucking asswipe and nobody wants to promote him. We know he makes less because he brags about it, and frankly it's not that impressive. Just average. I'm not snarking on them not making money, I grew up poor trailer trash. I'm snarking on them thinking they are so rich and better than anyone else when I know they fucking aren't.

Family wedding this weekend. I'm at the bar talking to the cousin's dad, FI's uncle. Total sweetheart, I don't know how the son came out like he did. The son  comes up and goes "Your name is larrygaga, right?". 

..........I have been close with this family for ten years. I have babysat his children and been to his house a few times, even had a few glasses of wine. I see him several times a year, but we never do more than Hi and move on. He should still know my damn name. 

So I said, "My name has been larrygaga for the last ten years, yes." I turned away and kept talking to the uncle, who lol'd and looked embarrassed. 

Then I proceeded to ignore him and his wife for the rest of the night because I was drunk and angry and ready to pop his wife's cheap fake boob job. She saw me in the bathroom a little later and instead of acting like she knows me and saying hi, she compliments my hair like she ain't never seen it before. 

We have to invite them to the wedding but I'm honestly so sick of them pretending like they have no idea who I am and the condescending bullshit that I think I might accidentally lose their invite in the mail. I probably will because I'm a classless piece of trash. FI is on board. 

You don't know who I am? Good! I don't know you either! SEE YOU NEVER, CUNTS!!!!
    LMFAO! Ahh! I'm dying. 
  • Options
    beethery said:
    larrygaga said:

You don't know who I am? Good! I don't know you either! SEE YOU NEVER, CUNTS!!!!
    Okay, that's it. I'm bound to get into trouble for faking losing their invites, but this is what I will tell people who get mad at me over it. Also, if I go down FI goes down with me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've stopped talking to my cousins on FB (and mostly IRL) because they never have anything nice to say back.  They are so condescending and rude it's ridiculous.  They treat my Mom like that too.  The other day she commented on my cousin's FB page with a link to a kid's show that my cousin's kids love.  

Mom: "Hey, I saw this and immediately thought of L and J!  It looks so cute and fun!  Let me know if you want me to get tickets for them."

Cousin: "Um....we already got those tickets MONTHS ago. You're late."

And my Dad's family wonders why I avoid them like the plague.  

• Options
    This actually made my mouth drop.  I CANNOT imagine being so rude to my FMIL.  Or anyone, actually.  That is just so unnecessary!
  • Options
    My ex-SIL and her family were so rude to our MIL. My MIL is the sweetest woman and has treated me as part of her family since day one. I know she did the same to ex-SIL too and even took her in a few times while her and BIL were still in HS (she didn't have the best family).

During the wedding planning for ex-SIL and BIL, SIL was the worst and so was her family. They got MAD at my MIL for helping too much for the shower. Were very cold and rude to her the whole time, she came home and cried in her room. It broke my heart (I had just started dating H and was 19... so still shy as a new member of the family... looking back.. I wish I had stuck up for her!).

After the wedding they moved in with MIL and FIL to save money for a house (they didn't charge them rent). The whole 18 months she was lazy and unhelpful to the family and expected BIL to wait on her hand and foot! So yea she was just a bitch to everyone actually... and after 18 months... they got divorced! We have never seen her since!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I just noticed something else about crazy girlfriend. She posted this on a picture my husband posted of me last weekend. I just saw it now. 

Wish (BIL) was more like you );

Also I was going through H's pictures on FB to find something he posted a while ago. And look what she commented then too! 

Why can't (BIL) be more like you

What the hell?!!? 
  • Options
    I just noticed something else about crazy girlfriend. She posted this on a picture my husband posted of me last weekend. I just saw it now. 

Also I was going through H's pictures on FB to find something he posted a while ago. And look what she commented then too! 

What the hell?!!? 
    Bitch is crazy, for real.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

What the hell?!!? 
    Girl, better hide your bunny and hide the stock pot.
    FIRST THOUGHT! hahahahaha
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    WUT. 

Back when I was dating my ex-FI, we were moving out of our college apartment. Graduation was the day before Mother's Day. My ex's father came and offered to pack up his truck and help us move. So awesome, could not be more appreciative. We already had a lot packed and we got dressed and went to the graduation ceremony. This is all early in the morning so tons of time to pack and drive back before night fall and wayyyyy before Mother's day. 

Well right after the ceremony my ex wanted to introduce his dad to a couple of his professors and his dad wasn't having any of that. Basically he said, "we need to get going, Mother's day is tomorrow."  Now his attitude was like this since when he arrived. Rush in, rush out. Dude, your son is graduating with his Bachelor's. Hmmm, for most people this happens once, mother' day happens every year. I'm sure your mother will be fine if you help out your son and celebrate with him the day BEFORE mother's day. So finally I started feeling snarky because his attitude was actually starting to rain on all of us (he was rude to my ex's professors) so I said "let's go so we can finish packing." Well he complained the whole time back so I got back to the apartment and snarked and said "boyfriend, please finish packing up your dad's car and get them out of here as soon as possible so I do not have to listen to your dad complain." I was pretty angry. He asked what my problem was, I ignored him because if I didn't I'd be more rude.

Maybe not my proudest moment but seriously? He had no plans the day before Mother's day, he offered to help. Don't offer to help, do not stick around and complain, no one wants to listen to it. We'd rather you just left. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

What the hell?!!? 
    What the hell, indeed. Has BIL seen these comments?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

What the hell?!!? 
    What the hell, indeed. Has BIL seen these comments?
    That's a good question. BIL very recently joined FB. He's not on it very often. 
  • Options
    larrygaga said:

No need to stress. These people "don't know you," so no need to invite them to your wedding. 
  • Options
    FMIL has convinced me she has the maturity of a 16 year old girl and I still would not be rude to her like that. 
  • Options
    WUT. 

Eh, I'd talk to FFIL like that. We have a snarky relationship. Apparently it's his favorite part of me.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options
    I think there's a being difference between being snarky in a joking way, and being downright rude and disrespectful. 
  • Options
    I think there's a being difference between being snarky in a joking way, and being downright rude and disrespectful. 
    And combined with how she speaks about her FMIL verbally to me, she's not joking. Not at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards