Getting in Shape
Options

Skincare Routine Suggestions

My wedding is about six months away, so I figured I better start a good skincare routine so I feel and look like the glowing bride I'd like to be. I tend to have very dry skin and not many daily moisturizers work. My cheeks also get red rashes sometimes, and I have a mild case of eczema on my hairline. Any suggestions on what products or supplements to use for this problem? :) 

Re: Skincare Routine Suggestions

• Options
    Seconding the coconut oil recommendation for sure -- I use it as a makeup remover and it's incredible, and it leaves the skin really soft, too. For a daily moisurizer, I use St. Ives Timeless Skin. I have really, really dry skin and it helps immensely. 
  • Options
    Another vote for coconut oil. I also use a lot of products from 100 Percent Pure.
  • Options
    I don't have skin allergies, but I do get dry skin and sometimes redness (especially after lap swimming in chlorine pool). I'm a huge fan of Paula's Choice products and use their Hydralight Moisturizer and makeup remover. It's very light and designed for sensitive skin and redness. I don't wear any foundation and my skin looks and feels fantastic after I use it. 

I also agree with suggestions to look at your diet for possible causes for skin issues. My skin is certainly better when I eliminate sugar (or seriously minimize it). 
  • Options
    Drinking lots of water does wonders for my skin. It's when I skimp on water and make poor decisions (increase in alcohol and junk food), I break out. As long as I'm staying hydrated, my skin looks great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Paula's Choice. Either the rosecea line, or the "Skin Recovery" line. It's done wonders for me. I have dry skin, and milia, and if I use a product my skin doesn't agree with (which is like, 75% of all products) I get the stingy red rash too. But the Skin Recovery line is super calming and moisterizing, without clogging pores or stinging, and I love it. I use the Clarisonic with the skin recovery cleanser a few times a week too (but I use the softest brush available).
  • Options
    Whatever you do, be consistent! You need to give your skin time to adjust to a new routine, so try it daily/twice daily for at least 3 weeks and then judge it. 

If you want to get a facial, do not get one closer than 2 weeks to the wedding date. It's nice to start doing these more often leading up to the wedding (every 6 wks is what they rec, but I'd say 2-3m is awesome if you havent had much in the past). 
  • Options
    Sounds like my skin is similar to yours. Very dry and very sensitive. Chemicals do more damage than good to my skin, and I've found no "miracle" skincare products to be useful. I've been reading up on natural skin care remedies and I found that simply drinking more water (I don't drink NEARLY enough!) may be helpful! I've downloaded an app on my iPhone called "Hydro" to track my daily water intake and I'm going to try drinking one gallon of water per day. I'm also going to take a picture of myself every day to track results. Here's one example of how drinking more water can improve skin appearance: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480491/How-drinking-litres-water-day-took-years-face.html 

Hope you find this helpful. :)
  • Options
    I also have very dry skin and my face tends to have a more red complexion.  I like Aveeno products and Curel lotions.  I also am starting to get facials regularly (until my April wedding) and I bought a few Murad products to help w/ dryness/redness from Massage Envy.  They were able to analyze my skin and recommend some great products-not to mention my skin felt so smooth and soft afterward!  You may want to talk to a dermatologist as well as they are the most knowledgeable.  And for me, I live in Ohio and the cold winters and low humidity can be hard on my skin so I try not to use hot water and I have a humidifier to help put moisture back in the air... just a few tips for ya
  • Options
    I am no expert in skin care.  That's why I trust my skin to my aesthetician.  She is my savior.  Going from cystic acne to pretty much nothing was a God send.  I would recommend going to see a professional.  You never know what OTC products will do to your skin.  These people are professionals and can recommend the perfect thing for you! Best of luck!  (Either way, I'm sure your fiancee will love you no matter what!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards