Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals people are bit pushy!!

My fiance and I have decided to go to Negril, Jamaica for our honeymoon.  We are SO excited, and just need to iron out a couple details about when and what room.  I used the online chat option to ask a couple questions, and they were SO pushy about trying to get me to book RIGHT AWAY.  I kept saying no, that I would need to talk to my fiance first, but they kept pushing.  I did finally get away, but WOW

Has anyone else had similar issues?  Are they just as pushy about add-on excursions when we get there?

Re: Sandals people are bit pushy!!

• I had this same issue, and it was really aggravating. I forget what exactly I wanted to ask the representative because it was a few months ago. I connected with them and then typed in my question, but the immediate response was asking me if I can put down the required deposit today..... That didn't answer my question at all! I feel like they only want to help you if you plan on booking right then and there. As far as add-ons, I can't help you with that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We stayed at a Sandals for our HM. DH was the one who booked it - they called him in advance to talk to him (ie - sell him) some of the excursions. He told them that he needed to talk to me first, and they didn't push him too hard on it. We did end up booking two excursions, but they were the ones we chose, not the ones the rep was trying to sell him on (which were, of course, on the pricier end).
  • They're sales people and make bonuses/commission on who and what they book. Of course they're going to be pushy.

Haven't you bought a car? Same idea, different product.

imageimage

• They're sales people and make bonuses/commission on who and what they book. Of course they're going to be pushy.

Yeah, I know.  I just found it a bit annoying and was wondering if people had noticed them being overly pushy about excursions and stuff.  FI and I don't want to spend our honeymoon fighting sales pitches to do day trips lol
  • Most of the travel industry still works on commission, so it's totally like buying a car or furniture and some people get crazy trying to sell. But the best ones know that being pushy is a turnoff and doesn't result in the best sales.

If the Sandals reps are being like that, you might want to consider booking through an actual travel agent. A good one will work with you to get you exactly what you want and not push unwanted stuff on you because they want to keep you happy and get your repeat business. And it will almost certainly be the same price, as Sandals is the one to give the agent a cut, not you.

I'm a former travel agent and even so I don't recommend everyone use them, but in this circumstance, where you do seem to need help and aren't getting it directly, a travel agent sounds like he or she would be beneficial for you.

I've never been to a Sandals as a regular person, only as an agent, so I don't know if they're pushy with the day trips for guests, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dcbride86 said:
    They're sales people and make bonuses/commission on who and what they book. Of course they're going to be pushy.

Yeah, I know.  I just found it a bit annoying and was wondering if people had noticed them being overly pushy about excursions and stuff.  FI and I don't want to spend our honeymoon fighting sales pitches to do day trips lol
    From my experience, they don't actually try to sign you up for any excursions or anything once you're there in a pushy fashion. We had a butler on our HM, and he did mention our first day that if we wanted to go on any additional excursions to just let him know and he would take care of the arrangements, but that was the only time they were even mentioned to us in the week we were there.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    dcbride86 said:

My fiance and I have decided to go to Negril, Jamaica for our honeymoon.  We are SO excited, and just need to iron out a couple details about when and what room.  I used the online chat option to ask a couple questions, and they were SO pushy about trying to get me to book RIGHT AWAY.  I kept saying no, that I would need to talk to my fiance first, but they kept pushing.  I did finally get away, but WOW

Has anyone else had similar issues?  Are they just as pushy about add-on excursions when we get there?

The great thing about online chat is you can say thank you and then close the chat!  I don't have patience for pushy people.  Hopefully they don't bug you too much going forward!
  • I never felt they were pushy however we booked a swim up suite with butler service and felt it was not worth the money.  Be real careful where your room is located on the property as the nights get very loud (unless you are a night owl)  The windows in our room vibrated every night from the music.  After a day in the sun with some booze by 10pm every night we were done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards