Getting in Shape

Fitness goal... what should my deadline be?

gabika007gabika007 member
edited December 2014 in Getting in Shape
We're getting married June 20th of 2015 and now that I'm done being bridesmaid (4 weddings this year), I'm ready to focus on me. I definitely want to get more trim and toned but don't want to cause issues for my dress / seamstress too close to the wedding. What should my "deadline" be for getting into wedding shape before I start to just maintain so that I can be sure that the major changes to my dress can be made in plenty of time? 

Also, I'm new to the boards...can someone fill me in on what FI stands for? Thanks!

Re: Fitness goal... what should my deadline be?

• Well overall fitness should never have a deadline.  Being consistent with working out is something that you should always do to maintain your health and energy levels.

But if you are talking about losing weight, once you go in for your first fitting, that is when you should start to maintain.  You don't want to have to keep going back 4 or 5 times because your dress needs to be taken in.  Talk about a lot of time, a lot of stress and a lot of money.

IMO, I would say, enjoy the holidays and then start really being consistent with working out and eating well at the beginning of the new year.  Focus on being healthy and feeling good in your clothes instead of a number on a scale.

• gabika007 said:
    We're getting married June 20th of 2015 and now that I'm done being bridesmaid (4 weddings this year), I'm ready to focus on me. I definitely want to get more trim and toned but don't want to cause issues for my dress / seamstress too close to the wedding. What should my "deadline" be for getting into wedding shape before I start to just maintain so that I can be sure that the major changes to my dress can be made in plenty of time? 

Also, I'm new to the boards...can someone fill me in on what FI stands for? Thanks!
    Have you already purchased a dress? 
  • Also, FI = fiance 
  • How about before your alterations begin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards