Nevada-Las Vegas

Cheap off-strip location to buy alcohol?

edited December 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I would prefer not to transport all my alcohol across state lines.  Where can I buy alcohol within reasonable driving distance of the strip?  I hear "Lee's discount liquor" is fairly popular?

I'm looking for ~10 bottles of champagne + 10 bottles of liquor, and a decent selection of beer/ciders.  My ideal vendor would be selling bottles of Moet or VC for < $40/bottle - don't mind buying a case of 12 if it gets me down to that price. 

Am I looking for a unicorn?

Re: Cheap off-strip location to buy alcohol?

• There is a Lee's Liquor south of the strip on Las Vegas Blvd. It is indeed a popular store. I'm not sure about pricing though... you would probably have to call that location specifically and ask.

Total Wine & More is another option but not located super close to the strip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had really good luck at the Total Wine & More the last time we were in Vegas for vacation - we got some amazing deals and they have EVERYTHING. But it is a bit of a drive from the Strip for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2014
    Total Wine & More -

wow, that's really off-strip, and not the convenient side of off-strip either.   Have an acquaintance that lives out that far and it's a solid 30 minute drive.  
  • I've heard of people going to Costco.  We are having our champagne and wine shipped from here because we have a guy that will give us a good deal, but we are going to just order liquor and beer from Vons and have it delivered because we don't want to rent a car.  
  • ah yes, good ol costco - that will be my "Plan B" but I've seen lower pricing elsewhere. I think Costco is right @ the $40 price point for Moet. 
  • We are getting Graham Beck, which is quite good for the $13 price point then getting a couple of good bottles for ourselves.  

If you are going to any good restaurants, you might want to check on corkage fees to save a little extra too.  We are going to Bouchon and taking our own wine.  They charge a $25 corkage fee as long as they don't have the bottle on their menu.  The upcharge on wine is ridiculous.
  • Might want to look at Piper-Heidsieck too; I find it far more consistent and better tasting than Moet in that same price range, and sometimes less.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We are going to hit Costco the day we get in to buy all of our food and liquor in order to save some $. I know the closest one to our hotel is in Henderson, but there is a Target nearby we can hit as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we got all ours from total wine and more. You can pre-purchase on their website and just pick it up... that way you know what you have spent and you don't get tempted to buy other stuff!
  • edited December 2014
    we got all ours from total wine and more. You can pre-purchase on their website and just pick it up... that way you know what you have spent and you don't get tempted to buy other stuff!
    well that might be a game changer.  Thanks for the heads up!

//edit

WOW they got VC @ $37/bottle!  and save 10% when buying 6!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards