Snarky Brides
Options

Snarky Thursday

Just here to whine for a minute. I'm exhausted. Fiance has a really weird, random, on-call schedule. He's usually only home once or twice during the week when I have to be in bed at a reasonable hour for work the next am, and when he is home, he stays up late. The lights and sounds of him being awake really keep me from falling asleep (he is super considerate, so it's not like I can ask him to keep it down), and if I close the bedroom door it gets really cold in the bedroom, which also keeps me awake. So I'm sleep deprived and cranky. There just isn't enough coffee in the world today.
My super annoying co-worker who is always either bitchy, anxious, or both, is in fine form today. Her most annoying rant today? The cost of private school education for her children. Pro tip: Public school or STFU. Be grateful you have the option of sending your children to a private school. I just do NOT want to hear how you can't afford certain luxuries in life and have you be all judgy that I have new clothes today because I caught a really fantastic sale and paid a grand total of $50 for my outfit because you are spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on OPTIONAL educational expenses.
And to top that off.... there's a real bitch that works in our office. Since I'm closest to the front door in our building, I end up being the receptionist because everybody else refuses to answer the door (which is fine, because I don't love being sedentary 8 hours straight). I just called bitch co-worker to let her know there were two people at the door stating they had an appointment with bitch co-worker & our CEO. They asked for the two of them BY NAME, so obviously they aren't just randos off the street or whatever. I try to bother the CEO as little as possible. She got all attitudey with me and said "Well I guess I will go get (CEO) then." Well...... his office IS on the way to the front door, and it's a meeting the two of you are apparently both scheduled for.... and you're his assistant....

It's just one of those days. I just want to go home, put on pjs & curl up with a heated blanket and an adult beverage. However, I have to take our crazy anxiety dog to the vet tonight because his anxiety issues are getting unlivable and we think his meds may need to be adjusted.

Thanks for letting me whine. Anybody else?

Re: Snarky Thursday

• Options

oh no! What a shitty day!

Do you have extra blankets you can put on the bed? I noticed that I was having problems falling asleep for the past little bit, put an extra blanket on and BAM I was out. I probably had to spend too much time 'warming up' my spot that I couldn't fall asleep. I understand the pain of weird schedules. Probably not as weird, but my SO doesn't get home until 9pm, then eats dinner, and I try to be in bed for 11. So that only leaves a short bit of time together, and then he's playing video games till like 3 am lol.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today. I thought it was wednesday, and then found out it was thursday. So that's good. I'm a bit stressed out about money though, I have to pay the city for a fine and gave them postdated cheques, and they haven't withdrawn the money yet (was supposed to be Dec 1). So I don't want to pay off my credit card until they do =\ And boy my credit card is getting a workout with xmas and teddyguy's bday in the same month.

• Options
    carrie0924carrie0924 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    @teddygirl9 you need to get a heated mattress pad! My fiance surprised me with one for my Christmas present last year. I got home from a long day & I was super tired. He led me into the bedroom, where the bed was made (we never make the bed). He helped me undress, and I kept insisting "I don't want to have sex." He kept saying "Just trust me. Get into bed." He pulled back the covers, and I got underneath. MOST AMAZING FEELING EVER! So now an hour or so before I go to bed, I crank that sucker up and let it warm up. I turn it down to low when I get in to bed or I'll wake up sweating an hour later. It has put an end to being kept awake because I'm too cold.

And thanks.... the trip down memory lane put a smile on my face. I'm feeling a little better now. And sorry about the postdated checks... that's a pain. Been there, done that.
  • Options

Oooh that sounds nice. I used to have a little heating pad (for cramps or whatever), but it was too small to heat the whole bed, or I'd get hot spots haha. So considerate and sweet though! What a keeper :)

• Options
    Heated mattress pads are the BEST. Our bedroom is super cold too, and electric space heaters make me nervous.

I turn our mattress pad on for a little while before I go to bed and then shut it off (otherwise, I'll get too warm during the night). The bed has that comfy, awesome, warm bath water feeling when I crawl in. I fall asleep much faster now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards