Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Mini-Moon in or close to NY state

Hello everyone!

Was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas....

I am getting married next May in Brooklyn. We are going to take a "mini~moon" straight after. I am thinking of somewhere upstate New York, maybe wine country. I am looking for something special and I am open to anyone's ideas. Somewhere that we don't need to fly to from nyc.

Any suggestions great fully recieved!

Amy

Re: Mini-Moon in or close to NY state

• Options
    Hmm. I have no clue, but the local New York boards would probably have a lot of great ideas.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Check out the Finger Lakes. 
    If you don't want to go as far upstate, you could do New Paltz. 
    Also, not NY, but you could go to Newport, RI. 
  • Options
    You have lots of options.  I second the Finger Lakes if you like wine.  You don't even need to stay in NY- Vermont and NH are a little farther but offer some really beautiful areas.  Newport is also a great option.  How long are you planning on taking the mini moon for?  You could even do Montreal if you have enough days.
  • Options

Newport, RI is suppose to be really nice, i know many who go there and love it .  there is also Saragota or Lake Georage area, in upstate, NY.    If you are interested in Winery's there are a ton in Ulster County, NY or Long Island.     Pricey, but there is also the Hamptons - you can rent a house on the water.   Also, not in NY, but Cape Cod, MA.  

• Options
    The Fingerlakes are awesome that time of year. There are a lot of cute B&Bs. My only caution is to check the dates with the nearby college graduations-Ithaca, Cornell, etc. Because all the hotels & b&bs fill up those weekends. 

• Options
    Cape May, NJ?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your ideas I will start looking into it.

• Options
    I forgot about Lake George! Definitely check that out too. There are lots of cute cabins you can rent on the water. 
  • Options
    Oh, I was just up in Lake Placid! That area is really nice. We stayed near Schroon Lake which set us right between Lake George and Lake Placid.  Burlington, VT is also really nice. 
  • Options
    So many options! Hudson Valley, Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, Montreal, Jersey Shore, Poconos, etc.
  • Options
    How about Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard? Both great places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've never been to the Finger Lakes, but it is definitely on my list! I have heard some great things, and its definitely perfect if you are into wine. I went up to Hunter Mountain for a wedding over the summer and it is absolutely gorgeous up there! There are different festivals almost every weekend too so there is a lot to do
  • Options

The ocean will be cold in May but Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket would be nice. The weather is warm & tourist season doesn't really start until Memorial Day weekend so if your honeymoon is before that you can probably find some great rates. It's not a far drive from NYC but if you want to fly, if you fly into boston you can either take the Peter Pan busline into the Cape or the train. They recently started a train from Boston into the Cape for the tourist & business travelers. Depending on your travel time depends on which may work best for you. I've done the bus thing & it's very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards