Ok, so we're terrible with decisions, and aren't really sure what we want to do, so that doesn't help. We've got a few options, and they're all pretty similar in pricing, and we're looking for 6-8 days. Here are the options for going somewhere hot:
1. Secrets in Mexico (south Pacific side)
- Pros - AI, so nothing to think of, lots of relaxation sitting by the pool/on the beach
- Cons - DH isn't keen on Mexico as we've been a few times, but we'll be in the resort most of the time.
- Pros - new island for us, so can do some beach, some exploring
- Cons - on our own for food, 6 days, not 7, we're thinking of going in the summer to explore 2-3 islands, so we could always just do it then
3. Florida (with cruise)
- Pros - take a 3-4 day cruise to the Caribbean, so we get relaxing pool breaks at sea, see some new Caribbean islands, spend the other days either in Harry Potter land or driving the Keys
- Cons - on our own for food, lots of driving and exploring so less relaxing
4. Florida (HP land and the Keys)
- Pros - more time to explore, possibly 2 days in HP land (I've been wanting to go forever if you hadn't clued in)
- Cons - same as above, lots of kids in HP land so crazy gong show there.
We've done both relaxing and exploring trips before, so we're open to both. Not sure which we'd prefer here. Has anyone been to the Keys?? Suggestions on number of days or what to see?? We've been wanting to do that drive for a while too. And remember that I'm way up in Canada, so all of these places will be fabulously warm in the middle of winter.