Moms and Maids
Options

Junior BM - half sister?

So, we are having a simple little small laid back wedding. 50 people at the most.
I have 1 sister and the future hubby has a brother. Obviously, they will be wedding party. 

I have 2 dear dear friends that I would love to have as a part of the bridal party but, we'll see. 

My current question is....
I have a half sister, shes 16, she's been involved in formals and CAR and fancy things (lol) her whole life. The maturity isnt really in question, I'm just wondering, if there is anything besides standing at the alter with me, that she could do that wouldn't be offensive "my sister is getting married and I'm standing at the back handing out programs" type of offended. 

We are not great friends, we see each other a couple times a year, and chat every other month or so. 

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Re: Junior BM - half sister?

• Options
    cafarriecafarrie member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    I think the Jr. BM title is really silly (and honestly quite offensive) no matter the age since they do exactly the same thing as non-Jr. BM's.

I would either make her a bridesmaid or ask her do a reading if she would be comfortable with that.  No need to make up jobs for people to do to feel involved :)  Regardless of whether she is involved or not, you could get her a corsage to wear and have her sit up front with her parents.  

ETA: If you end up not having her as a BM you could still invite her to get ready with you when you do hair, makeup, nails, etc. (if you are doing any of those things).  I know at 16 I would have loved to do that even if I wasn't in the wedding party!
  • Options
    cafarrie stated, a reading is great or just having her sit up front with a corsage.

My Fi step sister is standing up with me and is 15. She does not have the "Jr" title. She is a bridesmaid like the rest of them.

imageimage

• Options
    So, we are having a simple little small laid back wedding. 50 people at the most.
    I have 1 sister and the future hubby has a brother. Obviously, they will be wedding party. 

I have 2 dear dear friends that I would love to have as a part of the bridal party but, we'll see. 

My current question is....
    I have a half sister, shes 16, she's been involved in formals and CAR and fancy things (lol) her whole life. The maturity isnt really in question, I'm just wondering, if there is anything besides standing at the alter with me, that she could do that wouldn't be offensive "my sister is getting married and I'm standing at the back handing out programs" type of offended. 

We are not great friends, we see each other a couple times a year, and chat every other month or so. 

Anyone been in a similar situation?
    Haven't picked my wedding party yet, but I'll probably have my 9 year old goddaughter as my Maid of Honor, so my vote is a definite NO on having a 16 year old as a Junior anything.

You're not great friends, so she shouldn't be your bridesmaid.  Either a reader or a guest with a corsage and a place of honor at the ceremony should suffice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards