Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower and RD questions

Hey thanks for reading first of all! 

1) what is the earliest the bridal shower can be? I am in medical school and my schedule is kinda hectic and I am still unsure on when will I have some free time next semester. So it may have to be early or really late. 

2) can the RD be 2 weeks before the wedding? Our coordinator recommended we do all pre wedding parties/activities 2 weeks+ before the wedding? Is this an issue? 

Re: Bridal shower and RD questions

• Options
    1. I really don't know.  I guess I feel like a couple months before is normal in my circles. 

2. I just don't understand why you would do that so early.  I mean I guess if everything is super local and none of your VIPs have to travel then it could work, but it seems more convenient to do that stuff the night before.

Technically speaking you don't have to have either of these parties/events.

• Options
    1. I really don't know.  I guess I feel like a couple months before is normal in my circles. 

2. I just don't understand why you would do that so early.  I mean I guess if everything is super local and none of your VIPs have to travel then it could work, but it seems more convenient to do that stuff the night before.

I know, but my mom is hosting the shower and its a norm in my family. 

We need a rehearsal but we and unsure as to whether the RD dinner will happen. Everyone is local (VIP's) and I just wanted to know because thats my coordinator told me. 

Thanks though for the input

• Options
    JaniV123 said:

We need a rehearsal but we and unsure as to whether the RD dinner will happen. Everyone is local (VIP's) and I just wanted to know because thats my coordinator told me. 

FYI If you have a rehearsal then you need to feed people after. This can be as cheap as ordering pizzas. The people involved in the ceremony and their SOs would need to be hosted at a rehearsal dinner.

Formerly martha1818

• Options

FYI If you have a rehearsal then you need to feed people after. This can be as cheap as ordering pizzas. The people involved in the ceremony and their SOs would need to be hosted at a rehearsal dinner.
    Unless it's only you and your fiance at your rehearsal, you must host anyone who attends your rehearsal afterwards.  So, if you need a rehearsal, just the two of you can go to get the lowdown.  Then, the night before the ceremony, have a "rehearsal" in the hotel lobby or your living room.  "Joe, you'll walk my mom down the aisle.  Mom, Joe and Mike are friends from college.  Alice and Steve will walk down the aisle next, followed by Tiffany and James.  Then the flower girl, then me and dad.  Everybody got that?  Now who is pouring me a beer?  And I want a slice of sausage."
  • Options
    JaniV123 said:

You cannot have a rehearsal without a rehearsal dinner.  The point of the rehearsal dinner is to thank people for attending the rehearsal.  No rehearsal dinner, no rehearsal.

• Options

woops yeah I am a total moron because that makes no sense! Thanks for the input. Definitely WP and parents will be fed. We might look into doing it earlier in the evening so as to make is a casual event and not splurge on this. The timeline is kinda funky, IDK what to do, if to do it the day before or do it 1-2 weeks before like my coord suggested :/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards