Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Self Attempt #1: Make up trial (what do you think?)

After being quoted up to $250 to do just my makeup the day of my wedding, and being extremely disappointed with the few artists I went to that I could afford...I decided a little DIY was in order ... with a little help from someone who knows what they are doing! (I don't have any clue how to put on makeup...or at least I didn't)

Sephora wasn't much help. Once they found out it was for a wedding, they asked me to make an appointment, which would cost $50 dollars just to have me sit in a chair and "try on" different make ups- something that is usually free? The girl was also closing up and in a hurry, telling me to "make an appointment and come back then..."

Nevermind... 

I went to a local MAC store and had an amazing time! The women there were so sweet and extremely helpful. She walked me through the "makeover" step by step and then, allowed me to "re-create" the look to make sure I could replicate it on my wedding day.

The look was a 1940's/50's glam, not too much, but just enough to spice things up a bit.

I think I did a pretty good job (for not attempting much before...look mom! I put in false eyelashes!) Before (a sweaty morning bike ride!) and a few after-evening glams.

Yea for DIY!

Re: Self Attempt #1: Make up trial (what do you think?)

• Options
    Wow! Good job!  I love how it makes your lips pop!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    i think you did a beautiful job : )  at first i thought maybe your lipstick was too strong but with the 40s glam look you're going after i think it may work. though maybe tone down the lipstick just a touch. everything else is perfect.
  • Options
    I think it looks great!
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    it looks great!  i agree, your lips really pop!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Amazing! I am doing the same thing, trying my own DIY makeup out lately. I've been youtubing videos :) Your eyes and your lips look amazing! They both pop, I love it!!
  • Options
    Sexy!  You have beautiful eyes...and the lipsticks make your lips pop.

Doesn't look like you need much help but if you want more info for complexion, etc., you can check this out.

http://beautifulcanvas.blogspot.com/search/label/Bridal%20%27n%20Wedding

Also silly question, does anyone know how to change your wedding date on here?  It looked and can't figure it out...driving me nuts Tongue out
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_self-attempt-1-up-trial-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:1b05071c-8fba-463a-8e58-079331de19b3Post:9aed7f9f-7886-4f60-9246-91611171a079">Re: Self Attempt #1: Make up trial (what do you think?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sexy!  You have beautiful eyes...and the lipsticks make your lips pop. Doesn't look like you need much help but if you want more info for complexion, etc., you can check this out. <a href="http://beautifulcanvas.blogspot.com/search/label/Bridal%20%27n%20Wedding" rel="nofollow">http://beautifulcanvas.blogspot.com/search/label/Bridal%20%27n%20Wedding</a> Also silly question, does anyone know how to change your wedding date on here?  It looked and can't figure it out...driving me nuts
    Posted by babypiglet[/QUOTE]

That website has a lot of great natural everyday products to get your hair and skin back in working order :)
    Thanks!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    looks awesome!
  • Options
    I agree that it looks great, maybe a bit strong if you have a daytime wedding, but fabolous for evening!
  • Options
    Very nice!! And I can't believe you were quoted that much for makeup! Did you go to regular salons? I got quoted $60, although you did such a nice job you don't need a professional!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You look stunning!  : )  LOVE the lipstick color, it is very flattering on you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards