Wedding Reception Forum

Bridal party and groomsmen

I was hoping on incorporating both of our wedding colors into the bridal party and the groomsmen. I was thinking on having the maid of honor and the best man wear green and the all the others wear our other wedding color, pink. Is that cheesy? In all the photos I look at, everyone is all wearing the same color. 
Thank you guys for your input! :)

Re: Bridal party and groomsmen

• I was hoping on incorporating both of our wedding colors into the bridal party and the groomsmen. I was thinking on having the maid of honor and the best man wear green and the all the others wear our other wedding color, pink. Is that cheesy? In all the photos I look at, everyone is all wearing the same color. 
    Thank you guys for your input! :)

Personally, I am envisioning a watermelon. But that is just my opinion. Could they each wear at leaast the same color (maybe different shades?) and use the flowers toset apart the BM/ MOH?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's perfectly OK.  Some examples:
  • that's fine

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Totally fine for them to be mismatched.

But, ask yourself if you'll love the pics in 10 years.  One of my girlfriends regrets having everything as watermelon (read, neon fuchsia) and green at her wedding.  They took it far--having pink and green overlapping tablecloths, etc.  Now she has regret about not doing something more subtle.
  • Yep, totally your call if you want them mismatched. Although I will agree that if they're bright, it does look a little watermelon-y.

You could also do BMs in one color and GM ties in the other. 

• doeydo said:
    I LOVE the wedding colors in this photo, but everyone looks so pissed off. 
  • Do what you want here. Its fine to distinguish your MOH and BM if that's what you want.

But I agree with others to consider something a bit more subtle You could still do the pink and green without the watermelon effect and regret later on.
    *********************************************************************************

• My colors are also pink and green (ballet pink and emerald green to be exact) :) I had a really hard time with this and eventually just decided that everyone will wear pink. The reception is where most of the green will be, mainly the vases and table runners. I like the idea that the wedding party won't match the tables and somewhat blend in. 
  • bright = watermelon and i even like those colors. maybe do sashes or something a lighten one of the colors. 
  • My colors are green (seafoam) and pink as well and I am having all the girls in green dresses w/ pink flowers. And then we will have the guys wear ties to match the dresses. I also had my shoes dyed the same bright pink as the flowers
  • I am doing the same, but with blue and pink. My MOH and best man will have pink with blue accessories and the bridesmaids and groomsmen will wear the opposite.

We did this because the bridesmaids will have all different dresses, and I wanted the MOH to stand out. I like this idea a lot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards