Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I address STDs like I would an invitation?

Our save the dates are here, yay! Although I'm going to send them out after the holidays, I figured I might as well get a head start on some by addressing a few. 

They are postcards, with all the basic details, and says a formal invitation will follow. For invitations, I certainly plan to abide by tradition etiquette rules, aka--

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
123 Main Street
Town, State, Zip

Do I do the same thing for save the dates, or can it be a little less formal? aka--

John and Betty Smith
123 Main Street
Town, State, Zip

Is this okay? Thank you!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Do I address STDs like I would an invitation?

• Options
    I think it is really up to you, but for me I would rather just use the formal addressing because it would be good practice for when your invites need to go out.  And I also think it sets a good standard for what kind of wedding you are having.  If you are having a more casual affair then address the STDs less formally.  If you are having a fancy event then address the STDs formally.

• Options
    I agree with everything Maggie said. Just choose the style of the wording you want to use for your actual invites and go with that for consistency.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thank you!

• Options
    @peachy13 i just got my STDs yesterday and they too are postcards.  Are you handwriting the addresses or making labels.  I am debating that right now also...so hearing feedback would be great. My only issue with labels is that labels are white where my STDs are like an off white. 
  • Options
    The rule is that all personal mail be addressed with proper titles (Mr. and Mrs. John Smith), regardless of the content.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    @Jeannine12 I am handwriting them :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards