New York-Hudson Valley

NY- Hudson Valley: Is October 24 too cold to have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour?

I would love to have my wedding in Hyde Park with an outdoor ceremony +/- outdoor cocktail hour in the garden. Has anyone been to weddings mid-late Oct in Hudson Valley, NY that can offer feedback?

Re: NY- Hudson Valley: Is October 24 too cold to have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour?

• HTH I had my engagement party this October 23rd and it was 65 degrees!  However I guess you never can tell
  • It's such a hard time of year to predict. Is there any way you could have it in September?
  • We have had some big snow storms in the past few years before Halloween! I wouldn't recommend it because you never know. 
  • The end of october is such a gamble. It could be snow or it could be in the 70s. You're better off at the end of September. Or booking a venue that offers the outdoor option you want as well as an indoor location just in case.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly, my mind immediately went to that Halloween snow storm too! I would definitely not gamble on having a late-October ceremony outside and would agree you at least need an alternate location in case of inclement weather. Remember that ladies will be in dresses, some with bare legs and arms.
  • if you are having an afternoon affair, you may be safe, but after sundown (about 5pm) it gets windy.  perhaps you may consider early october?  you would be safe the first week between september 30 and the next weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards