Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

spray tan yes or no

I'm getting married this weekend!
I kind of forgot about tanning. With everything else going on it just slipped my mind, and then I looked down and noticed that I am whiter then I would like to be. Has anybody done a spray tan and if so do you recommend this close to the wedding? I dont want to look orange. Does that happen? I would rather be white than orange in my pictures lol!!!   I think it's too close to the wedding to do the traditional tanning bed and get any results. Tanning beds normally take weeks to see any results on me.

Re: spray tan yes or no

• If you are getting married on Saturday, get a spray an on Thursday (where a person does it, not a machine.)

Give it 6 or so hours to "settle" if you dont like it by then, jump in a pool. The chemicals in a pool will pull the spray tan right off you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you are new to spray tanning, I would recommend not doing it. Even if you go to a great place and somehow manage to not have it stain your hands and knees too dark, you don't know how it will react to your skin. Plus, even though there's a better chance that having a person do it versus using the spray machine will turn out better, if you've never been to the tanning artist before you don't know if they're good or not. They could end up sucking and then you're stuck with orange hands and elbows.

I'm a HUGE fan of spray tans, but it has taken me a lot of trial and error to figure out which formula looks natural on me, which formulas turn me orange (it's different for everyone), how to do proper prep beforehand so it doesn't come off in patches or streaks.

I have never heard of the pool thing, and I wouldn't chance it. I have friends who got married with freaking orange clown hands. Don't let that be you.

(But if you had a month or two to prepare, I would totally recommend experimenting and finding the perfect tan! Spray tanning is totally possible to do without turning orange. It just takes a few practice runs.)

• Oh and congrats on getting married on Saturday!! Yay!!! You should totally not worry about your whiteness at this point! I'm sure you'll look lovely!
  • Thanks for the info!!  I think I will just skip it. Since I live in Florida I have an ok base color. I'm just not tan. I'll just deal with it. I'm sure it really wont bother me that much when I look back.  Like I said, I would rather be white than orange.

Thank you!!
  • Do it a few days before.

• If you're looking for a nice healthy glow, try the jergens BB body cream in dark (the light is too shiny). It doesn't really give you any color just a nice glow, plus since it's a lotion just wash it off if you don't like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards