Wedding Party
Options

Plus sized bridesmaid dresses

Hi all,

I am having 3 people in my bridal party.  One is plus sized and all 3 live in different parts of the country (VA, TN, FL, and I'm in FL about 4 hours away from the nearest).  I'm trying to find a national chain that is reasonably priced but also offers plus sizes.  I haven't found many of the David's Bridal styles that I am really in love with so am looking for other options.  I'm going to allow them to pick their own styles due to very different body types among all three but not sure how to frame my guidelines in regards to style.  

Thanks for any help!  I'm sure this has been discussed bunches of times but not sure how to find those threads on here :)

Katie

Re: Plus sized bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    Alfred Angelo.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    If you haven't found styles you really like yet you're allowing your girls to choose their own (the best idea!!!), why does your preference of styles even matter then?  If they find something they like at Davids, then have at it.  I had bridesmaids size 0, 10, 20 and 24.  Three picked dresses I loved and two have gone on to wear their dresses again.  Most importantly, they all felt great in them.  I think DB is the most reasonably priced for those on a budget.  I'd ask your girls to look at some websites and see if they find styles they like.  I just told them the color at DB and had them all decide on one length either short or long...and they chose short.
  • Options
    Target has a good variety of BM dresses on any budget! They also have a great range of sizes for each dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have one bridesmaid who is plus-sized and had a long list of requirements for the dress. The other two didn't care as much, as long as it wasn't too expensive. I just let the one bridesmaid pick what she liked and what looked good on her, which ended up being something off the clearance rack at DB. The sales person at DB called around to other stores to get the same dress in two other sizes for the other girls so it worked out fine. They have a lot of stuff to choose from in all kinds of sizes. The bonus is they have plus sizes to actually try on, unlike a lot of other places.
  • Options
    Bari Jay http://barijay.com/bridesmaids.html

Dessy has a plus size line called Lovelie and it also offers lots of "regular" sizes.  http://www.dessy.com/bridesmaid-dresses/#"UseQuickDeliverySource":false,"DisplayMode":4,"CategoryId":1,"FabricList":"","AccessoryFabricList":"","ProductList":"","SeasonList":"","CategoryList":"","ColorList":"","TypeList":"","LineList":"","PantoneList":"","Text":"","IgnorePrints":false,"SearchText":"","ColorFamilyList":"","AttributeMask":"0","AttributeList":"","PriceList":"","Source":"","GetResultCount":true,"CountryCode":"us","SortOrder":1,"ActivePage":1,"ResultsPerPage":288,"TotalPages":0,"FilterType":"ProductFilterProperties"

• Options
    Target has a good variety of BM dresses on any budget! They also have a great range of sizes for each dress.
    Yep!  My situation is similar to yours, OP, with bridesmaids spread out geographically and a wide range of sizes.  I had them all pick their own dresses based on a color palette.  My plus sized bridesmaid had a horrible time at the dress shop with trying to fit in to sample sizes or knowing that she couldn't even try some of them.  It was awful, so she went to the Target website and actually ordered a couple dresses with the plan to keep one and return the others.  She tried them on at home, which was much more comfortable for her, and she liked them so much that she actually bought the bridesmaid dress in 2 colors just to have another nice dress.

• Options
    Alfred Angelo for sure. I have a plus sized maid and a bridesmaid who will be having her first baby 3 weeks before my wedding. Also, all but two of my maids are busty. I found an Alfred Angelo dress that has great coverage and works for the plus sized girls while making them all look great at the same time.
  • Options
    My 2 bridesmaids were not involved with the wedding hardly at all and were flaky all the time, as in didn't show up or left early at every pre-wedding event. I never made any demands about helping me with anything or really had any expectations of gifts from them so I was pretty hurt that they didn't want to spend time with me, at these events that they knew about well ahead of time (engagement party and dress shopping in Oct., bridal shower in May,  Bachelorette in August and the wedding reception in August. They didn't even care what dress they were wearing. My maid of honor was very sweet and picked up where they always let me down. She and I went shopping in the department stores and picked two dresses. We then shared them with the other girls and they all agreed on one. There were no complaints about style or price so we ordered three online from JC Penney's at $60.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards