Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Too good to be true?

I co-worker recently got married and her photographer linked pictures to her FB wall.  Her photos came out fabulous so I took a glance at the photographers page, I really like everything she has done so I sent her a FB message on cost.  Her quote was $650 under 5 hours, $850 for up to 8 hours, all photos on flash drive and one photo memorabilia.  She is the first person I have contacted.  Seems like a good deal, no? 
I was expecting to pay thousands, but maybe that was for prints? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too good to be true?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Does it include editing? Is she just getting started?  Is it a complete album or all the photos? Some photogs are very affordable when they are starting out, but there is usually some aspect that can make it too good to be true, but sometimes you get lucky and everything works out ok.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    That is an amazing price. Ask if it includes editing and take a good look at the contract to make sure there's nothing fishy in there, but hells yes if that's what she's asking and you like her stuff you've struck gold. 

I wouldn't even care if you didn't get an album for that. With the money you save you can have your favs professionally printed and put them in an album yourself. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We paid our photographer $700 for six hours of shooting (she asked $500) because we were the second wedding she ever did.  She got all of the pictures we wanted, and we'll be getting them, edited, on discs.  I am a HUGE fan of people who are just starting out!

If you've seen her work and you like it, it sounds like an amazing deal.  I'd say go for it.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    The pictures will be edited on a flash drive, I will have to make my own album.  (no big deal, I enjoy doing that stuff) 
    As long as she seems eager the job is hers.  My wedding venue was just bought out a year ago
     and the eagerness to please with the new owners was a huge plus!  

I like helping people starting out also!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards