Destination Weddings Discussions

Centerpieces

I'm having my wedding at the Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana resort and they want to change an arm and a leg for centerpieces. Does anyone have any suggestions on simple centerpieces we could possibly bring to the resort? Or what has other's experiences been regarding centerpieces at resorts? HELP PLEASE!! Our theme is starfish with coral and tiffany blue and I want the center pieces to reflect that. 

Re: Centerpieces

• We were married at Dreams Tulum. I honestly didn't care at all about the centerpieces, but I really cared about my bouquet. I didn't like the ones they offered and the upgrade fee to create the bouquet I did want was ridiculous. 

So I made made my bouquet myself with Real Touch latex flowers and foliage and it was GORGEOUS!! 

My best friend is a wedding planner here in the states and she's been doing high end weddings for years. She didn't know I brought my bouquet with us and the first thing she said when she came to my room before the ceremony was "here, give me those so I can get them in water!" That was the ultimate compliment! 

So if you're creative, and down with Real Touch centerpieces you could make them and bring them with you. My bouquet traveled really well shoved in a suitcase (I futz with it a tiny bit day-of) but it was structurally sound. And now it's in a vase in my bedroom and it puts a hell of smile on my face every time I see it.

The Dreams people actually hooked up extra decorative florals for us since we didn't use their bouquet or corsages.

• You can go to dollartree.com and order shells and cylinder vases.  when you get to D.R. just have someone fill the vases with the shells add water, a submersible light and one nice flower head like a rose or whatever local flower they have.  check to see if you can have the merchandise forwarded directly to hotel to hold for you upon your arrival.  also check out save-on-crafts.com and do a search for beach wedding decor.  you may get some ideas from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards