Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday, is anyone around?

is anyone here today?  what's going on?

I think my co-worker is going to give her resignation this week...  so things are about to get really wild here.

I am so exhausted today!!  definitely need to think about going to bed early tonight.

I'm cooking scallops tonight for the first time... any advice?  I figure they are like shrimp.  I have something going on with my thyroid so I'm trying to increase iodine-rich foods in my diet, so we're having scallops!

my H is applying the management position in his group this week...  please be thinking happy promotion thoughts for him!!

Re: Tuesday, is anyone around?

• I'm in and out today. No suggestions on the scallops, I don't eat seafood. :-)

I'm struggling to get through the day it seems. I had a mini panic attack last night because I couldn't find our marriage license, and I planned to change my name on Thursday. I looked EVERYWHERE for it. Finally I got H involved and after looking for about 30 minutes, he goes over to the bookshelf, opens one of the Harry Potter books, and there it is. Apparently he thought to himself "Oh, this is important, I should put it in the HP books because those will never get thrown away or lost" He's lucky I love him. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm around.  I am in a pretty bad mood.  I feel tired, sad, frustrated and stressed. I need more time before Christmas, there is so much going on right now.   I had off yesterday but it didn't feel like a relaxing day off at all. I was running everywhere with errands.  I have rehearsal tonight and I'm hoping my lines are all memorized now. 

Fingers crossed @CocobellaF your H gets the promotion.  I cooked scallops once for H awhile go. I cooked it with some rice and I believe I made a butter garlic sauce.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - why are you so down?  because there is so much going on?

@Ollie08 - my H is also that person.  his birth certificate is hidden somewhere in one of our books in the bookshelves.  I keep everything in an envelope, in a water proof ziploc bag, in case we have to make a run for the tornado shelter.  I can just grab everything important as we're heading down there... except his car title and birth certificate, which is somewhere in a random book.  *eye roll*  oh well!
  • I'm not feeling 100% today. I kind of just want to go back to bed and sleep. We have to take Maddux to the vet this afternoon becomes he has worms in his feces...ugh. I think he got them from my little sister's dog who had worms recently.

We are doing abs tonight at CrossFit which makes me happy because I feel blah.
  • I'm also sleepy!! I think I'm just ready for this week to be over so we can get to traveling for the holidays. I'm excited to see my family - I haven't seen my parents since August, and my grandparents & siblings since July! 

@CocoBellaF - Scallops are easy! FI & I make them sometimes - usually just sear them in a pan with a little EVOO, on both sides for two minutes. We usually eat them with pasta and butter/garlic. Just don't overcook them - they can get tough. 

*******************************************************************************************

• I'm around-ish temporarily. I have a final in rocket propulsion on Thursday and I have to study. And the environment I'm in is not conducive to focus. I'll probably crank the classical music on my headphones and try to go to my happy place.
  • I've never cooked scallops before, so no advice here either. :(

My sinuses are kicking my butt pretty hard right now. I felt like crap last night, so I took some Tylenol Sinus and melatonin and passed out by 10pm. I had a mini nosebleed while cleaning the bathroom last night, and then by the time FI and I went to the grocery store it felt like a train had hit me in the head. I've got a ton of stuff planned each day this week, and I may have to cancel it all if my sinuses don't chill out. I think they know their days are numbered lol. 

Tonight FI and I have tickets to see the new Hobbit movie. He's been looking forward to it for months. A friend saw the new one yesterday and said she preferred the second movie, but hopefully FI will really like the new one. :) 

Also, yesterday the custom made stamp that FI ordered came in. He's soooo excited. He's going to wrap his Christmas presents this year in kraft paper and twine, and then use the wax seal on them. We'll also use it on our wedding invitations. It's pretty snazzy. 

Is it Friday yet? :(

• @CocoBellaF - I have all of our important docs (birth certificates, passports, ss cards etc) in a waterproof/fireproof safe too. WHY mess with a good thing? Anytime the girls come in looking for something they say "Please don't tell me Q was cleaning again. We'll never find it!" He has a reputation for finding new, creative places to put things lol

@southernpeach89 - boo :-( I hope Maddux gets to feeling better!

@GoldenPenguin - YAY for family!!

Oh, on another note, H made it into the championship for both of his fantasy leagues. One more week of "I'm going to loooooose, I'm going to loooooose" and it's over until Baseball starts.

• thanks, @Golden Penguin.  I have a recipe for orange-seared scallops, so I'll be sure to cook them very last so they don't get overdone.  sounds a lot like shrimp!
  • They're a little more finicky than shrimp - they're way easier to overcook! But still not overly difficult.  Can you share your recipe? That sounds delicious!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• sure!  I am making jasmine rice and broccoli to go with it, can't wait.  hope it doesn't stink up the breakroom when I bring leftovers tomorrow...

LINK - Orange Glazed Scallops (I'm sure I'll make some alterations, but it's a really simple recipe).

• I'm kind of here- catching up at work.  I too am overly tired - dogs got me up around 1:30 then again at 2:30... H woke me up at 3:30 - No love all around for me getting a good nights sleep!!

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF - Happy promotion thoughts for your H!

@Ollie08 - OMG, that is an awesome story about the HP books. The least he could have done is told you so you were both aware!

@KeptInStitches - Do you ever listen to The Piano Guys? I really loved them for studying.

@eilis1228 - A fancy stamp? I've always wanted one of those! What does the seal look like?

---------------------------------------

I'm actually in a great mood today. Probably because it's the first day I've ran since last thursday. BF apparently broke a $20k part at work today though so I'm sure he won't be in the best mood when he gets home.

His leather jacket was delivered to my coworker last night! I honestly had a couple nightmares last night about it not fitting right and him hating it and me crying. I'm obviously stressed about Christmas or something. I can tell that one of his presents to me is a jewelry box. Not a ring box, but I'm hoping it's one of those Lovebeat necklaces. I love them so much!

• Scallops can be a bit tricky because the are a much different texture than most other seafood so just make sure not to undercook it!  I love it with some garlic and white wine, YUM!

I'm only here for a half a day today, have a holiday luncheon to attend!

• @CocobellaF I've barely gotten any Christmas shopping done, I was trying to get cards out last night. I have lots of rehearsals for the show that opens in about 3 weeks and this weekend I have 4 shows for A Christmas Carol.  I just want to sleep, read a book and snuggle with H.  It's all my own fault I'm so busy really.

Anniversary

• @AlPacina - LOLZ he claims he did tell me (which is quite possible). I don't necessarily believe him. If he did tell me, obviously I wasn't listening otherwise I would have been all "What?! No, that's a terrible idea"

• I am sort of here today, trying to wrap up a whole bunch of problem files before the end of the year. This is my last full week of work before the holidays, I'm only in Monday and Tuesday next week and then our office is closed for a week and a half. I don't want these cases hanging over my head while I'm off work!!

@CocoBellaF - Re. scallops: My ex used to make them in a white wine and tomato sauce which was fucking delicious BUT could taste very fishy if too much of the liquid from the container went in. And yeah, they're easy to overcook. But they shouldn't be smelly unless they're bad, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

@Ollie08 - I don't think FI knows where any of his important documents are. I'm guessing they're in his parents' safe? I hope?

@eilis1228 - My sinuses also feel full and achey today. I don't have it as bad as you by any means, but I'm a bit concerned that I have a sinus infection starting. If I don't feel better tomorrow I may preventatively go to the walk in at my office to get something to knock it out. I hope your surgery takes care of your terrible sinuses for good!!

I feel like I have so much to do before Christmas and no time to do any of it. I just have one last stocking stuffer to pick up for FI and I have all of the other presents organized and ready to wrap...I just don't know when I'm actually going to get the wrapping done!! FI and I are going to the Leafs game tonight, my sister and I are going to finalize her BM dress tomorrow night, and then Thursday we're looking at houses again I think. And I need to find time to bake something for a cookie exchange at work on Thursday. Blerg!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Phew. Just finished proctoring a final exam. Some of my students got me a little box of chocolates as a thank you and I almost cried!

I am now waiting for my media to warm, and I'm mainlining Starbucks. I could NOT sleep last night.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Ollie08 - There are plenty of things BF "definitely told me". I call BS on the majority. But truly, I forget just about everything. Haha

--------------------------

Well, the leather jacket is here, and I think the fit will be good enough. A little big, but at least the sleeves are long, and he can wear a hoodie underneath. But taking it out of the box, I didn't know it was on a hanger, and I SCRATCHED IT! Right in the freakin front! I am so mad at myself right now. I think I'll give it to him scratched, just in case it doesn't end up fitting anyway, and then fix it if he decides to keep it. But this is why I can't have nice things.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    @southernpeach89 I'm sorry Maddux has worms! I guess I need to start watching Cinders. So far the only weird thing she's pooped up lately is birdseed from when she got into the big container of it the other day....

@GoldenPenguin Plus 1 to all your advice on cooking scallops! They are easy to overcook and the best recipes for them are usually the most simple.

I went for a run this morning with Cinders. I had to cut it short though because I got started late so I skipped doing the full warm up/cool down cycles and just did the run/walk portion instead. My fastest interval was my last one at 8:33/mile and all of my intervals were at a speed of less than 10:00/mile...I think the average was 9:10/mile. Otherwise I'm just working from home today. I got nearly all of my Christmas cards mailed..I just need to go buy a few international stamps for my non US friends and family and then I am done! I'm also nearly done wrapping Christmas gifts so yay! Friday we leave for Indiana so I seriously need to get on the ball with all this stuff.

• Oh heyyyyyyy everybody

@CocoBellaF‌ thinking all the happy promotion thoughts for your H!

@Peaseblossom55‌ I'm sorry you're in a funk! I hate how the holidays always turn into this crazy relay race, instead of just a time to relax and enjoy life.

@AlPacina‌ I loooove me some Piano Guys! Sorry about the jacket. It's kind of weird that they put it on a hanger! If your BF is anything like me, he won't even notice.

I'm at work on my lunch break right now. Today is going much better than yesterday, thank God. Yesterday I was THIS CLOSE to walking out. I kept making stupid mistakes because I was soooo anxious, but I have a better handle on it today. And bonus, this morning I walked into the med room to find a VERY attractive resident hanging out in there. ;) Bahaha, so at least I can enjoy his company while hating the rest of the job.

Tonight I'm going to a dance class with a couple friends, and maybe doing some Christmas shopping too. I just have a couple things left. But I HAVE to get to bed early tonight, I think the reason I keep messing up is because I only get 5-6 hours of sleep if I go to bed at the time I'm used to. Time to be a 9 o'clock bedtime girl again. :(
  • I'm around.  Doing okay.  Reeeally tired.  Not sure why as I got like 9 hours of sleep last night.  I just got an email saying my Save the Dates were delivered, so I'm anxious to get home from work so I can dig into those. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• @CocoBellaF - I like to poach scallops with a lot salt--gives them a good base for whatever else you want to put on them.  Also, I laughed out loud when I read that you keep everything ready to go to the tornado shelter.  When we had to shelter in May of 2013 I forgot my envelope (because I was too busy grabbing the dog), and I was so panicked.  Luckily it missed us...this year a Post-It that said "Grab your stuff!" sat on my front door for the entire storm season.

I spent all day today doing research, but I knocked off early because I was working with microfilm and there's only so much of that stuff I can handle.  Now I'm sitting on my sister and BIL's couch watching TV and uploading document photos that I took today.  Tonight I'm going to Zumba (and I'm excited to actually TAKE a class instead of TEACH one), and then hopefully I'll be able to talk to Mr. Historian tonight.  Things aren't exactly great right now...it's like we've sort of run up against a brick wall regarding the whole job issue and we are absolutely not communicating well.  He's depressed because this job is making him miserable.  I want him to quit before he has to deploy again, but I feel like I can't say that because then I feel like I'm not being supportive.  He won't quit until he's got something lined up, but...there are times that I don't even recognize him anymore, and I'm so scared that if he doesn't quit, and has to deploy again, that I'm going to lose him completely.  I finally just lost it last night...I've never cried my way through the Rosary before, but apparently it's totally possible.

Anyway, probably WAAAAAY to much depressing information for a Tuesday afternoon, but it's really the only thing on my mind today.  :-(
  • @CocoBellaF All the Happy Promotion Vibes coming your way for your H! 

@Peaseblossom55 I hope that things get better for you! 

@AlPacina I am so sorry that you scratched the jacket. Hopefully your BF still likes it! 

It's rainy and stormy here in San Diego today, but we need the rain with the drought. We might even get a thunderstorm! I love thunderstorms, so I am really hoping that we do! 

My jaw is better today, but still not fully healed. I went to the dentist yesterday afternoon and he seems to think that there may be an infection at the injection site of the novocaine. I am on some antibiotics and prescription painkillers now. I did go in to work today, but fortunately it is a very easy day. 

I may have to be up late with people in China and India again tonight. We will see. 

• @futuremrshistorian - I can't even begin to imagine the stress deployment can put on a relationship, but I can understand why someone in your position would want to do everything to prevent it. If you two are getting married, I think you definitely have a say in major career choices that could end up with him being away for months at a time or longer. As long as it isn't worded in a way that it sounds like you're saying "You have to quit your job" you can continue to be supportive but take the stance that it's best for you as a couple trying to start a life together.

I really hope your communication opens back up. It's never good when stress makes people forget how to effectively communicate. You obviously know that he's not himself right now. I wish you two only the best, and I hope an alternative job makes itself available to him so much sooner rather than later!

• @CocoBellaF-I've done pan seared scallops before-they're fairly easy, but I find they're easier to overcook than shrimp, so just keep an eye on them!

We had a slow day at work so I decided it was time for a big clean out of the back rooms. They look so much better and now we can find things. There's still a little bit left to be done, but I've made room for a second small work station, which means that I now have space to hire a part time administrative assistant to make my life easier! Finding space is tough when the "office" is in the back of a stock room. 

On the bright side, BF's present got delivered to work today! Tonight I'm going home, having a lazy dinner, and catching up on laundry.
  • @futuremrshistorian - I'm so sorry.  I wish I could do more, but I've put out his information to everyone I know.  something will turn up!  *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards