Wedding 911

Day Time Wedding Timeline

Hello all,

I have looked high and low for sites, templates, etc, that will help plan a wedding day timeline, but most wedding timelines have ceremonies that start 4-5pm. My wedding is a day-time wedding, starting at 12:30pm. Anyone have suggestions for a timeline with a 12:30pm ceremony??

Re: Day Time Wedding Timeline

• How long is your ceremony? What kind of reception are you looking to have? Ie cake and punch, lunch/brunch?

Formerly martha1818

• Leon27Leon27 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
  • We have the venue until 7pm but we would probably call it a night around 6 or so to give us enough time to clean up. The reception is more of a lunch.
  • I had a daytime wedding. 

6am - We all headed to the bridal suite to get ready
    10am - First Look 
    10:15am-11:30am Wedding party and group shots (I would allot more time for this looking back) 
    12pm - 12:30 Ceremony 
    12:30pm-1:30pm Cocktail Hour 
    1:30pm - Entrance into reception/dining room 
  • Are you getting your hair and makeup professionally done?  If so, how long does your stylist think that will take?  Are your bridal party members getting theirs done as well?  Are you doing a first look?  What spotlight stuff are you doing during the reception (dances, bouquet/garter toss, cake cutting)?

• I am getting my makeup done professionally and my hair done by an old friend. I have not found a makeup artist yet (any suggestions for that as well???) so I am not sure how long that would take. There are three other girls who will also be getting their hair and makeup done (4 of us total). I will be doing a first look before the ceremony. We probably won't take a lot of time after the ceremony to take more pictures because out goal is to get a lot of them done during the first look and before the ceremony. As for the reception, we plan to do most of the spotlight stuff. 
  • Leon27 said:
    I am getting my makeup done professionally and my hair done by an old friend. I have not found a makeup artist yet (any suggestions for that as well???) so I am not sure how long that would take. There are three other girls who will also be getting their hair and makeup done (4 of us total). I will be doing a first look before the ceremony. We probably won't take a lot of time after the ceremony to take more pictures because out goal is to get a lot of them done during the first look and before the ceremony. As for the reception, we plan to do most of the spotlight stuff. 
    I would do:

7am-10am - hair/make-up/getting ready
    10:30 - first look
    10:45-12 - WP and family photos
    12:30 - ceremony
    1 - reception starts, intros, and first dances
    1:30 - lunch
    2:30 - toasts and cake cutting
    2:45 - whenever - socializing/dancing/etc.

If you aren't serving dinner, I would end the event at 5pm. If you keep it going until 6 or 7, it gets into dinner time. Plus if you end at 5, you'll have a buffer to get the place cleaned up before your rental time is over.
    *********************************************************************************

• When I was planning mine, I worked backwards from the time the ceremony starts. Here is an example

12:30 ceremony starts

xx:xx  Arrive at ceremony location

xx:xx Travel to ceremony location (how long will trip take)

xx:xx  Get dressed (give yourself about 30 minutes, especially is you have a corset back dress)

xx:xx  Breakfast/snack

xx:xx  Hair & makeup (talk to your stylist, they can tell you how much time they will need for this)

Then give yourself a 30-45 cushion in case of hair & makeup run late or for traffic issues. And if you want to do a first look or any other photos prior to the ceremony, talk to your photographer, they can give you an idea of how much to to allot for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards