Moms and Maids

Why do bridesmaids get fired?

I've heard of it happening a lot, but I've never heard the reasons.

Re: Why do bridesmaids get fired?

• Because they don't fit into some bridezilla's vision of her "perfect" wedding.
  • A BM cannot be fired because she was never "hired" to begin with. Contrary to popular bridezilla belief, the position of BM is actually "guest of honor". All they're supposed to do is buy a dress (in a budget the bride asks for privately before choosing it) and show up on time. 

Some brides think their friends are supposed to throw parties for them, DIY with them, help plan, go to vendor meetings, etc.... When they don't do these things, bridezillas be crazy and "fire" them. I've also heard of BMs being "fired" because they wouldn't buy some crazy expensive dress (bride did not ask for a budget), because they're pregnant, because they live in another state, etc. Basically any "firing" is by a BSC bride who doesn't understand what a BM actually is.
    *********************************************************************************

• I've actually heard they get fired...or dumped...or whatever...because the bride meets someone she likes better.  Or is this just a myth?
  • I've actually heard they get fired...or dumped...or whatever...because the bride meets someone she likes better.  Or is this just a myth?
    If a bride does do that, as far as I'm concerned, she's a rather heinous person. That doesn't mean it had never happened, though. We get brides on here wanting to replace their BMs for all sorts of petty reasons.

Again, asking someone to be your BM is meant to honor the BM, not the bride. Replacing someone you already asked - for whatever reason - is a friendship-ending move.
  • 1.  They have sex with the bridegroom.
    2.  They physically attack the bride or bridegroom.

Those are the only two acceptable reasons.

Usually it is because the bride is a self-centered, immature little bitch.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Asking someone to be a bridesmaid is a way of honoring the close friendship there is between the bride and the ladies she is choosing, to participate and and help planning the wedding because the bride cares about their opinion. When the bride chooses her bridesmaids most likely she has had a long-lasting relationship and it's not on her mind to request any of them to stop participating. Planning a wedding is stressful enough so I'm sure no bride is planning to fight or argue with any of her close friends, if the bride chooses to let any of them go it must be because of a major cause. 
  • allispainallispain member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    Knottie51972556 said: Asking someone to be a bridesmaid is a way of honoring the close friendship there is between the bride and the ladies she is choosing, to participate and and help planning the wedding because the bride cares about their opinion. When the bride chooses her bridesmaids most likely she has had a long-lasting relationship and it's not on her mind to request any of them to stop participating. Planning a wedding is stressful enough so I'm sure no bride is planning to fight or argue with any of her close friends, if the bride chooses to let any of them go it must be because of a major cause. 
    SITB!
    To the bolded: this is not true. BMs are
    not required to help plan the wedding. That responsibility falls to the bride and groom. Now, some BMs may choose to help out by offering their opinion, etc., but it's not their job to do so. All they have to do is buy the dress, show up to the wedding (on time and sober), and smile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards