Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

wedding album

Hi all,

I thought maybe someone could help me. I got married a little over a year ago and my husband insisted that he wanted his uncle to take our wedding pictures. Big mistake on my part going along with that because we have a ton of photos (over 1000), but we don't actually have a wedding photo that turned out with the 2 of us! I don't know how that happened...but, I've cried many time just thinking about it. Anyway, I also didn't realize that it was our responsibility to go through the photos, edit them, and create our own wedding album. I don't want to do this!!!

I am willing to hire someone to do this for me because I just don't have the time or energy to do this. I would like to hire someone to 1) go through the photos and create a wedding album for us 2) hire a professional to fix up some of our photos and maybe blow up a photo (so we don't look distorted) so we actally a wedding photo that we can hand to our family and hang in our house.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for me? I live in Chicago and have no idea where to go or who to contact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sarah Smile

Re: wedding album

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own album through Somerset.com but many of the online photo places will design the album for you.  Look at Somerset, Nations Photo Lab and Album Boutique.  They may require you to at least organize and/or select the photos though, I'm not sure.
  • AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OUr photographer included a lot of pictures from our guests into a companion book for us.  It was amazing the way they looked when she was done with them *much different from how they looked originally.

This was part of our package, but I would email her and ask for a quote.

http://allisonmayer.com aliy@allisonmayer.com

Good luck.  I'm sorry your pictures didn't turn out well.. Thats a big bummer :(
  • barnessarabarnessara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boroi Photography did that for me. I was married in May and needed basically the same thing done. Amanda is who I worked with and her email is amanda@boroiphotography.com. She also will direct you to where you can have your albums made at or make them for you. Hope this helps. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah

I work at a professional photo lab in Crystal Lake, IL ---We work with many photographers as well as brides in the Chicago area.
    We do digital photo editing and make Flush Mount Wedding Albums right here at
    the lab!
    If you would like to get in touch with us we would be happy to give you a price for the work you need.
    Downtownprophotoorders@gmail.com  or 815-788-9100

Cheers, Joy
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah,

I create albums for couples just like yourself.  Please feel free to check out our album page.  

even if you don't go with us, it gives you an idea of the types of options that should be available to you.
  • abuabu
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah-
    www.frankelphotography.com makes wedding albums. They make many types from coffee table to traditional. Just a suggestion.
  • HaveAGoodDayHaveAGoodDay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at WeDesignAlbums.com.

Just upload your images and they do the design, print and bind it for you.

~Congratulations and Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards