Chit Chat
Options

Whats for dinner tonight?

edited December 2014 in Chit Chat
We have no food but don't want to buy anything because we're leaving for a week on Friday.... Usually this means pasta or the whole foods buffet Unless I can get DH to take me to sushi!

What are you having?
*********************************************************************************

Re: Whats for dinner tonight?

• Options
    Leftovers from last night: Panko crusted pork tenderloin with dijon cream sauce and peas and glazed apples on the side.  I've been making lots of yummy suppers lately.

• Options
    No clue! We have been eating out or ordering takeout the past few days. I want to get back on track with my healthy eating today, though. I'm going to ask FI to pick something up for me to cook. I'm thinking maybe chicken with string beans? I'm pretty sure all we have right now is frozen string beans lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    FI is out of town on an overnight flight, and I am not in a cooking mood at all. I'll probably make nachos and drink wine and watch girly wedding related tv.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna have a grilled cheese. Maybe FI will have one too. If not, he'll have tacos.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Bacon wrapped Steaks with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes is what I'm cooking when I get home but now that I've read this I want sushi.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Ugh I have no idea. All of our meat in the freezer so that's not an option. I have leftover spaghetti squash that I baked with ground beef, sauce and cheese but I think there's only enough left for one of us. I may just eat chips and salsa again tonight like I did last night.

@lurkergirl your meal sounds so yummy!

• Options
    I was good and made potato soup on Monday. We have left overs.

But I spent the day eating cheese curls and cookie dough. 

I'd like to run the batch of cookies I made up to Mom's tonight, so maybe when H get's home I'll offer to take him out for some fast food and milkshakes and mini date night even though we're having one tomorrow...

Or I'll just eat the damn potato soup.

It's good I'm just terrible about eating leftovers.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm making white chocolate chex mix and peppermint white choc cookies for a work gathering. So probably that. 
  • Options
    It's our annual Christmas BUNCO night, so Mexican food and half-price margaritas all night!!!

• Options
    FI and I are going to the movies tonight, so probably buttered popcorn and coke.
  • Options

Ugh I have no idea. All of our meat in the freezer so that's not an option. I have leftover spaghetti squash that I baked with ground beef, sauce and cheese but I think there's only enough left for one of us. I may just eat chips and salsa again tonight like I did last night.

@lurkergirl your meal sounds so yummy!

Thank you!  Super easy too.  We need to all get together and make a TK recipe book!

• Options
    I made a super sized lasagna yesterday, so we're set for a few days.

• Options
    Nothing, because I went out for a huge Italian lunch with my side of the office and I feel like I'm going to die. No one should ever eat as much spinach-ricotta filling as I just did. Bllllllergh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI is making a baked potato soup!! It's cold and rainy here (Vegas weather is so random) so we wanted some comfort food. Yummmm....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DH is out of town so I keep mooching of my parents, so whatever they are having for dinner is what for dinner for me. I don't even have anything the fridge if I wanted to eat at home :p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Leftover pizza and wings. I'm quite excited about night two in a row of effortless dinner.
  • Options
    Leftovers from what I made last night: garlic & parmesean wheat berry salad with roasted broccoli and a spinach salad. 

Making Andes mint chip cookies tonight for my work's holiday lunch tomorrow so I'll have a quality control check at least one of those too :)
  • Options
    Pad thai
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It depends on if DH gets fed at his meeting tonight or not. If I have to feed him, I'll make stuffed peppers (with dirty rice, yummmm) with a side of roasted brussel sprouts. If not, I'll have some shrimp dumplings from the freezer.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    DH is making steaks!
  • Options
    ......Aparantly my dinner is vodka with a side of hot chocolate. Might have made this one a bit too strong.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am finally starting to feel better, so I am making nachos. Yummy but simple enough I won't have to be on my feet for long.
  • Options
    Pasta with tomato sauce and ricotta on top. We've been drawing down our perishables this week too, so we have hardly anything left. Go pasta!

• Options
    FI totally ignored my text to pick up a healthy main option for dinner. So he got us take out, Dallas BBQ's. I had a pulled pork sandwich without the bread , yellow rice, extra scallions. At least I finally went kickboxing after work!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I just ate a whole pizza because today was hard.
  • Options
    Carnitas burritos.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    So I just went out to a fancy shmancy steakhouse. Went with a girlfriend because DH doesn't care for steaks or nice foods (he's a hot dog man). I was SO excited to finally be going to a fine dining place since I never get to. Not gunna lie...I'm disappointed. 
    The oysters on a half shell were pretty darn good. But the salad, bread, steak, and squash were average. I feel like I've had better or the same at chain restaurants for 1/4 the price. So that sucks. 

• Options
    This thread makes me want all the foods. I went out to dinner and had vegetarian tacos, yuum! Then came home and ate half a bag of snapea crisps..oops..they're seriously addicting though.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I made Rachel Ray's tuscan chicken recipe with mashed potatoes and broccoli.  Tuscan chicken is chicken tenderloins in a rosemary and white wine gravy.  It took 30 minutes to make.  H loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards