New York-Long Island
Options

Officiant What??????

Why didn't anyone tell me that officiants cost SO much money????

Does anyone know of an officiant that does not cost an arm and a leg in Long Island, NY or in the New York City area?

I do not wish to pay over $500 just for someone to come, say a few words, sign the license and leave.

OR! does anyone have another solution?

Re: Officiant What??????

• Options
    I'm planning on having a relative get ordained online to perform the ceremony. Still doing my research to make sure it will all be legal, but it looks like it should be okay as long as I get our marriage licence somewhere that recognizes ministers that are ordained online (Monroe County, and NYC are two I believe).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hummingbird, were you able to find out more legal information about a relative performing the wedding and getting ordained online?

Only because my aunt recently got Ordained online and I was wondering since my wedding ceremony will be held in Long Island if it will be legal as well?
  • Options
    @Soontobeamrsmarino - I'm actually going to have my FI call the town clerk today and ask a few questions. From everything I read, it doesn't seem to matter where in NY state your ceremony is performed - you can get your marriage license in any town in the state, so I'm having him call the Yonkers town clerk, since that would be the most convenient place for us file our license. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards