November 2015 Weddings

What is your theme or colors?

We're going with a laid back, casual atmosphere. Rustic venue. Using fall colors like brown or eggplant for MOH then pulling in orange, reds, wheat.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is your theme or colors?

• We are doing navy blue for the bridesmaids, and gray for the groomsmen.  Then we are going to have reds, oranges, and yellows for the flowers. 
  • We're getting married at an event center/winery. The wines will be in yellows, reds, oranges, and purples at that time.

Our colors aren't set in stone yet. We are big San Francisco Giants fans, so we'd like orange, white, and black. However, I'm not sure how I feel about black, even as just an accent. So we may go with a a deep purple instead.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @kk111415‌ that sounds really nice. Never thought of that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @arrrghmatey‌ that sounds awesome to have those natural colors already. Wineries are gorgeous. My fiancé and his BM will where jeans and white western shirt and possibly a vest. I'll wear boots under my dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    @kk111415 sounds great! Boots under the dress….love it :D Where are the two of you getting married?
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• OMG- Boots under the dress is awesome!  I actually just purchased a pair of boots online *fingers crossed* they work!

We are getting married at a restaurant/ball room in Westchester, NY.  Hoping it isn't as cold as it was this past week! 
  • @kk111415‌ those boots are gorgeous! Are you wearing them for your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @arrrghmatey‌ if your talking to me, we're getting married at a place called Townhall Texas. Very rustic, western. Ceremony in front of first pic. Cocktail hour 2nd pic and reception 3rd pic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the Old West vibe!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey That's the plan! I have to see how comfortable they are. It was such an impulse purchase! 
  • We are doing gray for the groomsmen and plum for the bridal party. Plums and berry colors for the flowers and shimmery gray linens. I love sparkle so we will have some silver/glittery accents. A little more wintery than fall even though our date is 11/14 but I think it'll work! 
  • emoc625 said:
    We are doing gray for the groomsmen and plum for the bridal party. Plums and berry colors for the flowers and shimmery gray linens. I love sparkle so we will have some silver/glittery accents. A little more wintery than fall even though our date is 11/14 but I think it'll work! 

I love those colors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are going with a wintery theme and the only color we have come up with is black tux and dresses for the bridal party... May be going with a grey/ dark silver accent color too. We haven't done much in the way of planning.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @NicRen17‌ when is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is Nov 7th, 2015. We're doing red & gold/champagne as our main colors with black & white accents.

It's inspired by the burberry plaid (which I love) and also the fact that black & white tableclothes/overlays/napkins are provided by the venue so it cuts down on linen costs.

I also thought a nice red cocktail dress (alfred sung d522) for my bridesmaids could be reused for a holiday party or Valentine's Day.

• Sounds beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm starting to struggle with colors!

The original plan was to have our colors be orange, white, and black (I suggested dark purple instead of black but FI hates the color purple), since it will be fall and we are big San Francisco Giants fans. But I'm having a hard time with the stupid orange because there are os many shades and I'm trying not to choose a color that his too in-your-face and that will look okay on my bridesmaids. I really love the color 'Clementine' but the color choices are so limited, and I'm afraid it will wash out my bridesmaids (I've got two blondes with fair skin, the other three either have black or brown hair and with lightly tanned skin). There's 'Tangerine', but I'm afraid it is too bright? My third option is 'Burnt Orange' but everything I've seen of the color online doesn't look quite orange enough or they seem to be different shades from one another--I'll probably have to see a swatch or a dress in this color in person.

I don't know! Any thoughts?
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey‌ Why don't you go with black dresses with the orange flowers like first pic below? Maybe instead of black go with a charcoal or grey? IMO black and bright orange looks more halloween. I'm going with a more burnt orange instead of bright orange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    @Denise40 - Yes, you are right that a bright orange does look a bit Halloween-ish, and if I go too light it may flush out my bridesmaids. The more and more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to lean towards burnt orange. I did consider black for a little while, but the inside of our venue is so dark/dimly lit, I don't want the bridesmaids to be shadowed.

I'm also leaning towards letting me ladies pick out their own dress as long as it is int he color I choose, and burnt orange seems to have more options available.

Thanks for the input!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're leaning towards black and white with a little red.. I know.. Winter colors, but we really, really like them.
  • Way late in replying.

We are getting married on November 21st.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Our wedding is 11.21.2015 and we are getting married in a loft with beautiful vintage properties, exposed brick, you know, all that stuff! I am so excited. We are going with a dusty purple/mauve "theme". Lavender & succulents for the bouquets, and we're using some of our old favorite books with some costume jewelry from our grandmothers as our centerpieces instead of flowers! Everything is coming together so nicely (so far!). We are so excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @futurekhugz‌ that sounds beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding  is 11/28/15 and the colors we choose are blush pink and gold. My fiance and I are in a sorority/ fraternity and so we wanted to incorporate both colors and it just so happens that the color combo is beautiful and works out perfectly :)

• Our wedding is in Key West so even though it will be almost Thanksgiving we are going with aqua with touches of purples

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• November 14th and we are doing ivory, cranberry, gold, and dark green.  And lots of pineconeish details!  
  • November 13th, and our colors are red, orange/copper, brown, and purple. Our theme is Steampunk and we're having a photo booth, allowing everyone to dress up if they want (or casual dress, as FH and I aren't a formal couple), and Victorian staples here and there. Candle centerpieces, Victorian platters for the food (bridesmaid's husband is doing the catering and she is ahead of me on decorating my own wedding, lol), but other than that, just a fun Victorian costume party, to be honest.
  • Not for a very long time, since we both still want to finish school, but our colors are peach, rose gold, and ivory for a May 4th 2022 wedding. Classical wedding with mild bits of steampunk and geekery in some places. We met on the Steampunk Empire chat site so we want to incorporate some of that but not too much. We're doing a steampunk engagement shoot to put on the save the dates and invitations. We have a long time though so not much is done planning wise other than a few pinterest boards. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards