Kentucky-Louisville

Travel Agents (Need Suggestions)

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good local travel agent? A family friend is a TA in my hometown, but I didn't know if it'd be better to work with a local person or not.

Thanks!

Re: Travel Agents (Need Suggestions)

• ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always booked our travel online myself.  I use recs from other people and the basic websites.  Tripadvisor.com forums are a good place to check out if you haven't yet.  Where are you planning on going that you want a travel agent for?
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure right now. We've heard that you can sometimes get upgraded for free using a travel agent and most of their fees come from the resorts and not the customer. We've thought of everything from Mexico to the Carribean to Costa Rica! I think if we went with Costa Rica we'd definitely want a travel agent because we might want to move around to a few different places.
  • Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need to get a travel agent in your area - they can be located anywhere.  I use a different travel agent each time I go abroad which is 1-2 times a year.  I pick them based upon where I am going. Conde Nast Traveler magzine puts out all the best travel agents for where you want to go.  My travel agent for Italy was based out of NY, my travel agent for my honeymoon (Bora Bora) is based out of LA, for Thailand, Chicago.  Also, a good travel agent will never charge you - they get their money from the hotels, etc. 

Go to: http://www.concierge.com/tools/travelagentfinder

Hope this helps
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that does!
  • edited December 2011

I'm having a destination wedding so I'm using a TA to coordinate everyone's travel. She's great! She got us a better rate than we got going directly through the resort, plus she got my FI and I free upgrades and extras. Her business is Vacation by V. Pm me if you want the contact information.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards