Wedding Woes

I need to walk away

gMIL is turning 90.  BIL wants to throw a surprise party.  He wants to do a potluck open house. That's fine BUT she's NINETY and AWESOME.  When DH and I started dating she and I would write letters to each other.  I thought it would be nice if each kid, grand, and great grand wrote her a letter about how awesome she is.  He said no (DH and I will still do it). 

Again on the letter vein I said it would be cool to ask people she knows to send her a postcard.  His response "I guess I can put something out to her facebook friends."  Dude, she's 90 and has 68 friends.  I was thinking of having your mom mention it to the sorority they are both in (they still go to monthly meetings).  I thought I could take a bunch of postcards and stamps to the nursing home gFIL was at.  He isn't a fan.  Whatever.  I'm still going to do it.

I need to walk away from the food too.  It's at his house.  If he wants to order a couple of deli trays and open a bag of chips so be it.  However SHE likes good and spicy stuff.

Re: I need to walk away

• Your ideas sound much better, and you know when you put the plan in motion he is totally going to take all the credit, lol.  You should let all the other family know about the letters, then he could look like the idiot when his immediate family is the only one's that don't participate.  I would also show up with an awesome spicy dish for the potluck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards