Louisiana-New Orleans

Hotel that provides gathering space, or a place for 'welcome drinks' near the FQ - any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

Instead of a typical rehearsal dinner, we'd like to have some 'Welcome Drinks' that all the guests at our (destination) wedding would be invited to, on the Friday evening before our wedding.  Ideally, we'd like to spend under $1,000 for this.  Some ideas we had were to use the space at a hotel where we had our hotel block - but it seems tough to figure out how to make this happen!  We looked at Felipe's, and a couple of other bars - but no one wants to book out the space for that small an amount this far in advance.

Do any of you wonderful knotties have any ideas?

Re: Hotel that provides gathering space, or a place for 'welcome drinks' near the FQ - any suggestions?

• I'm not really sure of prices for that sort of thing.  If no place will officially book the space for that amount, maybe just meeting up at a (fairly priced) pub or similar location and just pick up the first round or two of drinks?  Sorry I can't be of more help!

• maybe try may bailey's place.  the hotel bar at dauphine orleans.  great spot with a really decent sized lounge that isn't overly busy. 
  • We're doing the same thing at our wedding in January but a little more informally. I simply put an announcement on our wedding website that people we're welcome to join us for drinks at Pat O'Brien's the Friday before at 8 pm. My plan is to pick up the first round of drinks, and then people are on their own. But I'm expecting less than 20 people, so this might not work for a larger group.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have two large suites (1600 sqft) at the Westin Hotel--one for bridesmaids and one for groomsmen. We are using the one for groomsmen kind of like a hospitality suite for guests staying at the hotel to grab a drink when they arrive and eat lunch the day of. That way we can go to Costco or Sams and pick up a bunch of stuff for much cheaper! We are going to put info in a welcome bag for guests staying at the hotel. I love the idea of having an informal meeting at a bar but I don't think I can plan one more thing! lol
  • There was a posting a few months back about a bride who did a welcome party at her hotel ballroom and guest spilled over into the bar.  I wish I could give more info, but if you do a search in the board for  "welcome party" or something along those lines I think you'll find it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards