Wedding Party

BM Drama...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: BM Drama...

• Holy shit, so she texted you something about you?? Ouch. I had a "friend" do this once too. Did she offer up any explanation? 
  • edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Holy shit, so she texted you something about you?? Ouch. I had a "friend" do this once too. Did she offer up any explanation? 
    This. So she accidentally texted you a vent that was supposed to go to someone else?

Even in your "non wedding" hang out times, did you still talk to her about the wedding? 

How are things between her and your other BMs?  In the last wedding I was in I got so much shit from the other BMs about "not participating" and "being an outsider" that by the time the wedding came around I didn't even want to go, I was so miserable.  The Bride had no idea.  And when I told her I would be driving up on my own and meeting the group there (and not paying the money towards a cabin she never asked me about when I had already made other accomodations), she lost it and got really upset with me.  Are there dynamics among your BMs that you might be unaware of?

• Damn. I don't even know what to say. I mean, if it were me, I'd be really hurt. 

She she say that she was coming? 
  • How did the conversation end?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That sucks, I'm really sorry.  That happened to me once with a friend texting something about me to me.  I don't have anything else to add except virtual hugs, because that is painful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Deep breath time.  Sounds like your friend is going through some stuff and is feeling stressed.  If you don't have to pay extra for the party bus just leave that deposit.  Don't worry about her  ccommodations, she's a big girl and can get herself there if she is able.  Make-up artists are used to last minute additions, so she really can change her mind and you can settle the bill at that point.  
    IMO- You are a very considerate bride who had a change of plans and is still trying to be as accommodating as possible.  Put this out of your mind and enjoy those who are with you and your very special day.
  • I think you have been very accommodating.  So very sorry to hear your friend did that because I really don't think you have done anything wrong.  You've been flexible and all you were asking for was a little communication, which is perfect acceptable.
  • I really wish I had some advice. The situation just sucks. For me, when my friend sent me an email about me, it was not something I could get past. The email was so mean, and I felt like I really finally saw her for the person she was. Sometimes you need to walk away from a friendship, you know? 

I guess for now you should just leave it alone. I wouldn't reach out to her again. 
  • I know this is way easier said than done, but I wouldn't worry about her if I were you. Just enjoy the holidays, your trip, and your wedding. Have a great time with your friends and FI (almost husband!) and the people who are there for you. If she shows up, fine, but I doubt she will, and you shouldn't have to sit there and feel bad about it. Go on with your plans and have a great time! 

After you're back from your wedding and have had some time to get settled, maybe reach out to her and just let her know that you hadn't intended to do anything to upset her, and if she is upset about something involving you then she should talk to you about it. And then leave the ball in her court. 

I'm really sorry that happened :( 
  • I don't really have any advice either to add to what PPs have said.  It sucks, and that was really shitty to do.  Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and wedding, and focus on what matters, you and your FI starting a new life together.  :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lgraceh said:

Thanks ladies. I'm ready to get down to Vegas and excited to get hitched. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and words.

That's all super shitty and I'm sorry you have to go through that right before the wedding. But VEGAS yay! I live here in Vegas and look forward to sunny skies and not too cold temps next weekend. You'll have an amazing time, just focus on that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No advice, just ((((((hugs)))))) and have fun in Vegas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards