Flowers

Who To Bring To Meet With The Florist

Hello everyone!

I've narrowed down my potential florists list and am ready to start meeting face to face. My question is: Who should I take with me? I would like to bring my fiancé, even though I know he won't have much of an opinion on the flowers, but I still want him to be involved in the process. Would it make more sense to bring my MOH?

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome!

Re: Who To Bring To Meet With The Florist

• I took one of my bridesmaids.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm going with my mom. My fiance and his mom might come as well. 
  • Thanks for the feedback! :) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking some unspoken rule by asking my fiancé to come haha
  • My then-fiancé and I went together.
  • I took my Mom because I knew that my H didn't give two shits about the flowers.  He also trusted me completely since I used the florist I worked at for almost 5 years.

• Definitely take one of your bridesmaids. Also bring another close friend with you. It can be hard to focus on flower arraignments when you are focused on so many other aspects of the wedding. It helps to have different pairs of eyes you can trust. 
  • No offense, I would never put my fiance through that torture lol. I am definitely taking my mom.
  • I took my fiance for the first go around and he asked a lot of good questions.  I can clam up when people are trying to sell me things.  Next time, I'll take my mom. 

I was thinking of taking a bridesmaid, but I don't want to burden friends with these tasks...
  • I didn't take my H to any of the meetings with the florist. He absolutely did not care about the flowers and had zero interest...it would've been torturous of me to bring him. I did bring my mom to most of the meetings though since she also had input and opinions on the floral decor.

• I've been taking my mom (still haven't picked my florist yet). My fiancé would have been bored to tears.
  • My husband had absolutely no interest in decor what so-ever.  I did everything related to decor with my mom who was awesome throughout our whole wedding.
  • I met my florist alone - I already knew what I wanted in terms of look, feel, style, flowers, etc. It was a more to the point meeting rather than looking through things and making decisions. 
  • I went with my (now) DH. He is a wedding vendor and knows the woman who owns the shop, so it made sense for him to come, too. He is the one who picked our florist, since he had seen her work before and knew hers was the place to go. I had inspiration pictures and had a lot of say in the colors, and DH wasn't bored to tears :)
  • My fiance couldn't careless about flowers. So gonna take my mom or Moh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards