Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Recommend a vendor for matted photo albums

We bought our pictures on CD from our professional photographer (in Hawaii) and need to find an online printing service to do our album.  Would prefer matted vs. flush mount.  Any recommendations?

Re: Recommend a vendor for matted photo albums

• Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The big name professional album companies that guarantee their work don't deal with the general public directly because they would be undercutting their customers (the professional photographers) who give them all their business. Which I know is a bummer for clients who want to go direct and save money. I looked around on the web a little because I figured I would be able to have a good idea about what companies are actually making a quality product since I've seen so many wedding albums. A couple companies I saw "direct to the public" are marking up prices from dealers who deal to photographers anyway and seem pretty unprofessional so that worries me.

Have you considered calling around photography studios in your area and asking for the best price a studio is willing to give you? If you have a release from your photographer, another studio should be able to use the photos to assemble a book for you. Ask for an album company that guarantees their work (Art Leather and Leather Craftsmen make great books). I just redid a matted album for my aunt and uncle who were married in 1978 because the cover of their book had deteriorated. The album company replaced it with a minimal shipping and handling charge because it was guaranteed.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards